Domain parking

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by kguru1979, Sep 8, 2009.

1. kguru1979

kguru1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am not sure everybody knows about Domain parking. Just like to share what I came through while surfing.

According to Wikipedia, "Domain parking" refers to the registration of an Internet domain name without that domain being used to provide services such as e-mail or a website.

Through domain parking, it seems we can make money. I came to know this through one website called SEDO. Visit the site once to know more.

It claims if we have registered domain names, but they are not currently being used, then domain parking is a great way to put those domains to work, earning revenue. SEDO claims that they are offering a good revenue sharing.

2. Andi21

Andi21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are right Sedo is the best site to park domains till a domain will be ready to use or contining with it.

By parking domains we save money and time and it is very easy to do.

3. bojomojo

bojomojo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is not completely true.. Parking is simply putting ads on your domain.. you can think of it as an ads website, with no content. But instead of you doing it, you let a company do it for you so they take some shares.

You will not make any money with it. Unless its a special domain, it must have tons of traffic, either it be a name of something famous, or had a popular website in the past.. But in that case traffic will decrease.

Parking is only useful to professional domainers. Not regular people. But its no harm if you have no use for the domain anyways.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I've got some domains that I've no use for that I've been meaning to park for some time, but I just never got round to it. Even if it generated a small amount of revenue it would be worthwhile contribution towards the annual domain registration fee.

Something else to add to the list of things to do.

5. kguru1979

kguru1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think for those domains SEDO may be a better option. They are making some good revenue share out of it (as per their "features" section in their website). So, Fegral, I hope you can make a try out of it..!

6. bojomojo

bojomojo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEDO is one of the oldest companies yes.. But why not try Google for Domains.. I have a feeling they will be better, as their revenue programs is the best out there.

7. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the recommendations and suggestions. Has anyone used Adsense for domains?

9. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Adsense is best and highest paying. I have not tried it but know that it is good.

10. BenjaminCip

BenjaminCip
    uix_expand uix_collapse

More and more people are used to see Adsense ads. You need to learn how to make good adsense site if you want to get some clicks. Here is a free ebook written by Joel Comm about how to use Adsense effectively : http://adsense-secrets.com/ this ebook costed $97 before, but is available for free now. If you want to make money with adsense, you could also use the following free blog themes that are known to work well with adsense : http://www.doshdosh.com/16-adsense-...emes-to-maximize-your-contextual-ad-earnings/

11. bojomojo

bojomojo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It will be the same rates and payouts for normal adsense, so it will be the best out there based on the geo-targetting of your domain.

12. dodyast2

dodyast2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This parking domain can make money if we have a good address. A good address means there are many people are searching for this kind of address or the address that similar to the famous site. If only a regular URL won't make you much. It is better you make it a simple website and place adsense on it

13. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To make money from parked domain, it is better to use adsense for domain than sedo. Adsense for domain is specially for the park domain. It can generate good money if you know how to promote your domain

14. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

16. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Due to some problems i was not able to update my blog long time

i have topic in mind which i will posting in my blog

there are about 5 topic related you tube going to come up in blog

17. Thador

Thador
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are no free domains left which are worth to be parked. If you want to earn from domain parking you should spend you money on buying domains(domains that brings profit from parking aren't cheap) or try to catch expired one(the chance of success is not high). I think you will earn more if you make a simple website and place AdSense on it like dodyast2 said

18. autap6

autap6
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I use Adsense at the moment for parked domains. Here is an example:
    http://www.hairlossmore.info/

17 impressions since beginning of September and... zero dollar earnings...

#18 autap6, Sep 12, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  19. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, i'm using adsense for domain. Adsense so far paying better than others.
    However, adsense for domain is hard for me to earn good money compare to adsense for content. It is because adsense for domain used on parked domain with no content, it is hard to work on the SEO. Anyway, it is still worth because at least it can cover the domain fee

20. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sounds like Adsense for domains is the preferred option. I'll be testing it on some domains soon.