Domain on Sale or on Fire??

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by angel888, Mar 21, 2011.

1. angel888

angel888
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi there! I would like to share my article, to all those who are interested in domains ^_^

There is an important differentiation to be made between a discount domain on sale and a website that is simply on fire. Premium, aged domain names are on fire and are the best investment one can make when it comes to looking for a domain name for sale.

Domains come up for sale for a variety of reasons. Domain names can come up for sale when they have expired or when a company is out of business. This time is a great opportunity to purchase a domain name and can be a great investment. These sales are the best scenario for getting a good domain price because they are usually being sold by the individuals that host the domain and not the companies that own them. A company trying to sell their domain would often charge considerably more than a hosting company, and this is usually the best opportunity to get a domain for sales from the hosting company are usually the cheapest.

You can get a domain name on a fire sale and your site will reap the rewards. This is because these premium, aged domain names are already ranking on popular search engines. It is important to consider that many sites like Google look at the age of a domain when they rank websites. Keep in mind that search engine rank will usually effect the domain price from an individual to a prospective buyer, but isn’t as big of a thing to the company that hosted the site that is simply looking for someone else to pay them hosting fees.

If you’re looking for a domain on sale you will want to consider buying an existing domain. Aside from search engine rank there may already be links to your domain out there. Sites that are well known and easy to remember are the best kinds of ones to have. A simple domain name is a must, but imagine a simple one that people already visit and just think of the number of website hits you’ll be getting.

Getting a domain for sales’ kinds of prices is the what you want to do. There are many websites and hosts that specialize in getting premium and older domain names to the people that want them. Even companies that do not exclusively sell older domain often times sell older domain names as well. It is important to do a fair amount of research before committing to pay for a specific domain name. The research you can do can range from merely checking the search engine rank for a site to things that are a bit more in depth. Some of the more in depth things one might one to check can include seeing who currently owns a domain name. When registering a new domain you can often go through the company of your choice and shop for the best price, but some older names are owned by a particular company and it is important to see if anyone still owns the one you want in order to facilitate shopping around.

2. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This was interesting. I didn't realize the fact that they may be already popular on search engines. I had one question though. I didn't quite get what you meant by on fire. Do you mean that they are worth a lot more? I haven't heard that expression before.