Domain name suggestions.

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Grumpy, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Grumpy

Grumpy
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Hi everyone.

I'm looking for anyone who can help me with some domain name suggestions for a new football/soccer blog I'm going to be setting up. Target audience will be teenagers and young adults as well as footy/soccer fans in general.

Please PM (preferred) or post any good suggestions you might have. :)

Thanks,
    Tommy

2. Stephen Ryan

Stephen Ryan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Go to this link and search for keywords and find some good keywords that get a lot of results. Down the left of the page select "EXACT" match keywords.
    This Link

Once selected you need to find out how much competition there is for each of those keywords in the google index.
    type this into google intitle:"keyword" and select only the keywords that have maximum 8K results.

Then look at the websites on the top page for each of those keywords
    If there are a few youtube links, or web2.0 sites then the competition isn't too strong
    You can get more sophisticated with analyzing site competition but this is a good start

Then for the each of he keywords left go to your domain provider and find out of the .com is available and buy the one that gets more searches and low competition.

Basically the idea is to select a domain name that is as close or exact match for your target keyword.
    That way when you do a little SEO, you can be sure that you will eventually end up getting some good traffic from google, bing, yahoo etc

Well, this is assumes you are going to want your blog to attract traffic from the search engines. lol
    Good luck
    Stephen

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member