Domain Name Market

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Rob Wheeler, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Rob Wheeler

Rob Wheeler
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Does anyone know if there's an actual market for Domain names? If so can it be profitable to register and sell domain names? I know there's at least one firm that acts as a brokerage, and then there's online domain auction services like GoDaddy and Ebay, but I'm wondering if anybody here has ever heard of anyone breaking into the field and actually making a decent living at it.

2. hrishivardhan

hrishivardhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes there are many online markets available. but one very good is flippa.com Even i am using this for dealing with the good domain name.

#2 hrishivardhan, Aug 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2016
  3. Dynadot

Dynadot
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Domain registrar here: There is definitely a market for domain names. We have many customers that invest in domains and have a large portfolio that they manage and sell successfully. If you're interested in getting started, we recommend doing a little research on domains and the domain industry.

#3 Dynadot, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2016
  4. JadenErickson

JadenErickson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I thought that on flippa.com you can buy not domain name but the site!

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Flippa has three separate sections, for Websites, Domains, and Apps. Websites would include the Domain, but you can just by a Domain if you wish.

6. Abdulrahman

Abdulrahman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Flippa.com is the most famous one you can sell and buy there and put your auctions , Highly Recommended :)
    Hope that help
    abdelrhman

7. BODHost

BODHost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Flippa is the first thing that comes to my mind, but for that you will need decent stats to sell that site online. What the OP is referring to is domain flipping which is another thing as a whole, what he means is buying a domain, and then flipping that particular domain for good amount of profits. For that, you need not any previous traffic history! Now I do not know whether Flippa has a particular section for that but there are many other similar sites....obviously not as big as Flippa.

OP domain flipping still works as of today and will keep on working as there are so many domain extensions being added everyday.