Domain Name - DiscussBusiness.com

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Fergal, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What's your opinion on the domain name DiscussBusiness.com?

Do you think it would be a better name for our community than BusinessAdviceForum.com?

2. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it depends on what niche we're gonna focus on Fergal. BusinessAdviceForum would be more specific to "Business Advice". On the other hand, DiscussBusiness would be like "anything goes" discussion about business.

If we're going to discuss all about business then DiscussBusiness.com would be a better domain name. The only downside that I can think of for this is that it doesn't have the word "Forum" in it.

#2 Nazreen, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for your feedback Nazreen.

Anyone else?

4. bojomojo

bojomojo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

its a great domain, but I dont recommend a switch of domain names after all this time.
    You can always try to get BAF.net and both domains will work, that one will really be something.

5. Violet

Violet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You're not going to shut this one down and move everything over to the new domain are you?

I like the BAF domain more than discuss business too. I think it is more to the point on what topics the forum targets.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks everyone for your feedback and suggestions.

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Violet and thanks for posting. No, I don't intend to move the site, it's just that I own the domain DiscussBusiness.com and I often have it in the back of my mind that I should be using it for a forum. Business Advice Forum will be staying where it is for the foreseeable future.

7. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also clearly see BAF as more suitable name for our community than discuss business..People have got to use of BAF & now it will not be comfortable for them to make any transition from BAF to Discuss Business...Its a kinda of emotional attachment!!!!! :)

8. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the domain DiscussBusiness.com is more wide. I mean it's not only advicing But Many things can be dicussed like How to start New Business? Business Ideas and other related to Business issues.

9. bojomojo

bojomojo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I dont recommend having two different domains pointing to the same website, not good, for branding reasons among members and elsewhere.

I agree its a great domain, but this forum has already gained a lot of traffic and members, so switching the domain now will require a lot of work to get it up again.

10. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i don't think it there is lot of problem ....we have see many website have change there name

@fergal

if u r changing name from BAF to discussbussiness.com try to mention
    "BAF is now discussbussiness.com" at lest for 1 to 2 mounts so that non active user get to know by some way

11. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

About the domain: DiscussBusiness.com

The domain is quite nice as it is short and quite easy to remember. You must had put this domain in replace to BusinessAdviceForum because BAF has a long name to remember. But as we get use to it now it's no big deal! But it may arise problem to newbies since BAF having long name.

Why do you intend to run 2 forums? At first try accelerating BAF's popularity and advice posting! If you succeed you won't have problem running DiscussBusiness to it's side. But make in mind you're confusing posters to post on either BAF or new DB. Choose a only way and path, don't move your mind on two things because they both have same meaning to run.

Anyways, the domain is awesome and I'm glad you found the domain of two words still.
    All the best!

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks again everyone for your feedback and most valuable suggestions. I am very happy with BusinessAdviceForum.com as the domain name for our community. I won't be doing anything with DiscussBusiness.com in the near future, however I may launch a blog on it at some stage.

13. HaleTheLegend

HaleTheLegend
    uix_expand uix_collapse

whoops bit late

14. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like discussbusiness.com but I like BAF much better for the simple fact that it attracts those who are looking for business advice (newbies) as well as those who have well established businesses and are here to give advice to those seeking it.

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks, I'm delighted to own the discussbusiness.com domain, and I look forward to coming up with a good use for it at some time in the future.

16. zerzis

zerzis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you should just hold if you are not passionate about something which suits the domain. The word 'Discuss' itself means a discussion forum and you should have named this forum as DiscussBusiness. But when I say that there are other things which come to my mind. The word 'advice' has a lot of weight. You can get many places to discuss business but there are very few places where you get the 'advice'. So I think may be you did a good thing by naming this forum as Business 'Advice' forum. :)

Regards,
    Zerzis

17. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the feedback Zerzis and welcome back.

18. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both are good names but Business Advice Forum would have the edge I'd imagine in keyword searches and be what newbies are looking for.

I don't think DiscussBusiness suggests a blog, Fergal, what with a blog being more one person's creation. DiscussBusiness should be a discussion forum first and foremost because that's what the name suggests. I'll be honest. If I'd clicked a link saying the name only that had no description and arrived at a blog, I'd be a little disappointed from the outset before I even began reading. Great name though! :D

19. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks Kay, I do like the domain and I'm hoping to have an aha moment some day and think of the perfect use for it.

20. jamesprx

jamesprx
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Domains should be related to business and should be short and easy to memorize