Domain For Content Marketing.

Discussion in 'Content Marketing' started by angelajason06, Jun 9, 2013.

1. angelajason06

angelajason06
    uix_expand uix_collapse

OK, here comes another Question about Content Marketing. Hope my friend Fergal will not Kill me.. :)

I am trying to learn Content marketing. Like Writing Informative article and Share them with a specific audience. I need ask do we need to Purchase another domain to do this like for making a blog?? Or we have to make a landing page to share our articles?? Can we Use Free Platforms like blogger? For Example my one of client have a webstore of Jewellery and we can not make a landing page of Blog on his webstore, so what we need to do on this condition?

Please answer.

2. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can get a new domain but it would take more time to promote it. Instead using the same domain and making a sub-domain for the blog is better. If you have your domain then you should not go for free platforms.

3. Ivana B.

Ivana B.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As Rocky said, sub pages as your site needs to get updated frequently.
    Also sending links to your site, from other places is great and to do this is actually very simple.

For example, establish 3 Social media platforms such as Pinterest, Facebook, and Linkedin. (this is just an example)

Now on each, you can join groups relevant to your niche market (boards for Pinterest)

Now, you create some reputation on those sites, and share your content with them.

They will drive traffic to your site, and they will help your site become an authority ;-)

4. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For those client who have limited access on website, link building and social media are solution. For budgeted solution, you can user free platforms like blogger and tumblr, then improve it with custom domain. By doing this, the external website you build can benefit more than one client, at the same time you can open gateway to accept guest post, so that your job become more and more easier.

Search engine treat sub domain as new domain, the effort to optimize sub domain is similar to new domain.

• Like Like x 1
  5. angelajason06

angelajason06
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can we purchased a one domain and do Blogs posting of Different niche or its going to be Irreverent?? please answer.

#5 angelajason06, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2013