Dofollow/Nofollw still matters?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by psrb4u, Dec 1, 2012.

1. psrb4u

psrb4u
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The scenario of SEO has changed to a great extent after the Panda and Penguin update from Google. I would love if someone can tell me whether the Dofollow or Nofollow concept still matters or not. Also like to know the impact of PR for a webpage.

2. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

PR is still stick on the PR juice, nofollow is not helping in PR at all, only dofollow backlink pass the PR juice

3. angelajason06

angelajason06
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am not an SEO Expert but i have a Little Knowledge about this. I always See and Listen that SEO link Building totally depend on high pr dofollow links. please correct me if i am wrong.

4. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They matter depending on your needs and purpose. If you want to gain lots of link value, you will be going to target links that have no nofollow attribute. By the way, technically there is no dofollow link attribute.

IF you want to gain traffic, then a mixed of nofollow and not nofollow links are needed.

The impact of PR to webpages is not that big. PR only based on the links that pointing to your website. In general, PR plays only a very small role in gaining good rankings and visits to a website.

All in all, they do matter. But as I've said, depending on your needs.

webmaster-talk.eu/en/articles/7-website-marketing-and-search/26-links-the-secret-life-of

5. aliceroth025

aliceroth025
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@Sigma, I beg to disagree. My friend has this site and he was link building his sites with no-follow attributes attributes. I think No-follow does not absolutely means that there is not passing of juice I think that it passes a juice but lesser than the doFollow.

6. arindamdutta16

arindamdutta16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dofollow and nofollow all is valuable for site. DoFollow link is simple one that a search engine see’s and then follows to establish content relevance, while a nofollow link is ignored, but popular social networks – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Myspace, and so on. While all of these networks are nofollow, they do provide a lot of other benefits, including making social connections and building an online presence and reputation.

7. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's not passing any link juice. http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=96569

You are not sure of the quality of the links that your friend is building to his site. Even if those links are nofollow but they are good quality ones, chances are big that they send traffic to your friend's website. Through that, if users find your friend's website interesting and worth sharing, they might share it to their friends. That way, gaining links that are not nofflowed, are really possible.

There are many factors to consider. But one thing is CLEAR - Nofollow Attribute prevents a link from passing its value to another page.

8. jaysh4922

jaysh4922
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In terms of SEO Dofollow and Nofollow is a very important factor...for any work of seo offpage site should be a dofollow...

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

A no-follow link can still be extremely helpful to your site, even if it doesn't pass PR / link juice on to your site. I know it's an extreme example, but imagine how much traffic your site would receive if there was a no-follow link to it from near the search box on the Google home page. As I said it is an extreme example, but no-follow links from other sites can still help your promotion, but obviously to a lesser extent.

10. thesslstore

thesslstore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do-follow is still useful to get rank in Google SERP. If you post on a Do-follow website it allows the crawler to crawl your web-page.PR is not so important now.

11. pentawebexperts

pentawebexperts
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually they both matters. Do Follows not only help in improvement of the site rankings but to cater the audience also and thus create handsome traffic towards the site, More powerful than the no follows but as many of the above statements in which the other forum fellows have said that they effect but miner than that of the do follows. I am actually also admired by the some of the giants those are no follow like twitter, facebook, and some others whose links are said to be more powerful that any other web site but actually those are really helpful in getting huge traffic and increase the more credibility of the web sites.
    So at my side the no follows are helpful as well as the do follows.

12. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dofollow still matter since I can still lure linkbuilders to post comments in my blog. :D

13. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes - and you have to clearly monitor how your links are placed in dofollow or nofollow. Knowing what kind of backlinks you have, where you get them, and how much are getting them. Such is a very important and became a more critical part of SEO today.

14. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Page Rank still depend on the link juice. So, link juice depend on the dofollow and qualited links. Don't forget the Do follo and No follow conccept still.

15. abhirampathak3

abhirampathak3
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, Dofollow and Nofollow is the most important part of SEO.

Dofollow Link is a hyperlink that is able to tell all search engines to pass along it’s page rank influence to an outbound link. If you will use or get do follow links then search engines will count your link in the eyes of google, yahoo, bing etc as backlink for your site and you can get some positive value for your site ranking.

Nofollow Link is exactly the opposite. It is a hyperlink that removes the ability to pass on it’s page rank status to other sites. Nofollow are for not crawling a link by search engine that influence the ranking of a particular website or blog in search engines.

16. Leejeong

Leejeong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have to analyze your websites for to know what are the needs and what to do's. You need both of it to keep it balanced and its important to have links on sites that are related on your niche. You have to be sure on the reputation of those sites. It's much better to have links on highly-reputable websites so you'll benefit from that.

17. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't really care if a link is dofollow or nofollow, as long as it can bring me traffic or visitors. It's fine.
    Making it increase my PageRank, due to the number of dofollow links, is just a plus/bonus.

18. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Every link matters, even just mentioning your site online matters. The draw-back however, is when people focus too much on linking or use linking as a way to manipulate search rankings. Our link behavior is monitored and relying too much on one type of link can be dangerous. Especially those links that are too easy to get. When this occurs our link profile can trigger search engine scrutiny and penalties. So the best approach is to focus on high quality content and when attracting links to your site, look for real, natural links that show that people like your site and consider it valuable. This is the safest, healthiest way to grow your website traffic and rankings.

• Like Like x 1
  19. WebNet Host

WebNet Host
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The question is what your purpose is? If you want higher page rank you need Do follow links. This links are for search engines.

20. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What do PageRank do in SEO?