Does your site hit by penguin update?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by patrick0001, May 15, 2012.

1. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So far I have 3 client sites is hit by penguin, according to SEOMOZ analyisis, the latest penguin is not It's (weirdly) not focused on improving search quality, they try to devalue top site which engage with link building services.

The strange part, those result has been replace by spamming site, test site, blank site. So of my test page does appear to top search, this is not suppose to happen.

http://www.seomoz.org/blog/whiteboard-on-googles-penguin-update

2. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes. Google is trying to eliminate spam and manipulation. It may seem unfair, and there are still some spam results in the SERPs. As far as Google is concerned, Penquin was a success because it in Google's eyes, things have improved greatly.

3. pentawebexperts

pentawebexperts
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have seen a drop down in some of my keywords that i use often. But i am surprised that it is happened yesterday when i observed that one of my top ranked keywords have lost their rankings from 5 to 120. I am really very depressed why that has happened. I do not think i was indulged in spamming activities but still i am facing drop down in keywords. Can any one explain can it happen after 20 days of launching of Google penguin?

4. kevinjeffersons

kevinjeffersons
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can send them a message using their form if you know that your sites are mistakenly slap by Penguin update..

5. vishal23

vishal23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Really Google penguin hit most of the websites to remove irrelevant website from search results.

6. garrett123

garrett123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A few of my sites were affected, but i still feel that they are testing tweaking the last major update. The current results are still not that good right now.

It should be their goal to show the best quality result, whether it has manipulative linking or not. I feel like they just want to stop SEO, in an effort to move customers toward buying paid advertising.

7. pentawebexperts

pentawebexperts
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for suggesting me to send message to Google but now i have some other things to think that may be those sites have also faced drop down in rankings on which i once drop my anchor test (keyword + url) because i have observed that many of the forums, directories and so on have lost their rankings as well as traffic. What do you think about this?

8. Krisz Rokk

Krisz Rokk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wasn't hit by Penguin but I heard that quite a few IM were hit really bad. If you provide quality content/ products/ services, do SEO optimization the right way, don't spin articles and don't use some crazy software that generates 'bad' quality backlinks you should be fine.

9. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, Google don't want to see that sites on top which are new, under construction or empty sites.