Does Twitter and Facebook help grow business?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by chrislie, Jun 10, 2012.

1. chrislie

chrislie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Facebook and Twitter really help in promoting one's business.

2. band

band
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, some companies is even give up maintaining website and redirect all traffic to facebook and twitter. Social media encourage 2 ways communication within company and users.

3. abds

abds
    uix_expand uix_collapse

With our business I have to say Facebook and twitter are bringing a good amount of traffic but not sure how they are helping us financially. I think visitors that come via google ad words are more effective.

4. elina

elina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. ASSESS YOUR ASSETS: The first action you should take before engaging in online marketing or social media marketing and engagement is to look at what are you’re trying to promote.
    2. SIGN-UP FOR SOCIAL MEDIA: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube and LinkedIn. Facebook allows you to create a business page. Make sure you read the rules for businesses first.
    3. FIND A SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER: Managing multiple social networks is daunting. So, before you start posting content, requesting friends and adding followers, sign-up for a social media manager such as Ping.fm and HootSuite.
    4. POST UPDATES: It’s important to have content on your social media pages before you start adding friends and followers. When you try to find friends, they’re going to look at the page to see if they want to follow you.
    5. FIND FRIENDS AND FOLLOWERS: Twitter and Google+ are easiest. Search keywords to find followers. On Twitter, If you’re a small airport, for example, search ‘pilot.

#4 elina, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2012
  5. sayitproud

sayitproud
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know some people swear by Facebook especially. There are hundreds of millions of users on there so it's an absolutely huge audience.

But the bottom line is there is no substitute for testing. Get active on these sites and try to measure the best you can the return on your investment.

6. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes... It is..... Facebook n twitter help to develop our business... By doing adds, marketing, Vote, poll. And thay connect with the direct some company... So it will help you lot.....

7. rises5544

rises5544
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Twitter is now using mostly for the advertisement purpose where as face book is much better than twitter. Make a fan page of your web site and try to get more likes of genuine visitors from Google or any other search engine.

8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It do help especially in getting online presence and getting your needed traffic.

9. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

FB and Twitter, along with other rising social media sites these days are mostly used for branding purposes as well. It helps businesses target their audience more effectively and even create more marketing (link baits) baits for users/consumers via the social media sites.

Regards,
    Mark T

10. gogreenbusiness

gogreenbusiness
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Anything online method or platform that can help improved your online presence is definitely helpful for business. Twitter and facebook are just 2 of many social bookmarking websites you can use to promote your company or service.

11. onlinemarketing

onlinemarketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sites like Twitter, Google and Facebook are seen as trustworthy.

Links, and lots of them, are necessary for obtaining high rankings in the search engines. So one is well-advised to link one's profile everywhere one can and with highly pertinent keywords in the anchor text, the reason being that one's Twitter profile is hosted on a different domain even though it is closely related to one's site. Hence by doing so, you can pass along a great deal of trust to it from your site, thereby making your links to it much more valuable.

12. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

With the passage of time, Facebook and Twitter are becoming more important for business success. If anyone has to setup his website, he has to set a Facebook and Twitter account. If anyone is going to search any type of business, he must do its promotion on Facebook to enable the people to find

I'm convinced that small business owners should be present in social media, but so many struggle with just a website; forget about successfully using Twitter or Facebook without ticking off their customers or being ignored altogether. It is not easy. I see a lot of people spending a lot of time and build up 100, 200 fans, most of whom are really their friends being supportive. It has to be more than that. No doubt, there are plenty using it well. We get asked about it a ton at the Sales Rescue Team project and over and over the answer back on most of our free review requests is: It depends. Overall, I would suggest to most small biz owners and entrepreneurs to get in there and participate in other people's groups and discussions first. Dive in to LinkedIn's Answers section. Provide some value and see how the game works. Build a fan page AFTER you've spent some time in the space.

13. garrett123

garrett123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I really like using twitter to contact other businesses that may be interested in forming partnerships.
    Its really surprising how easy to get a hold of just about anyone through twitter.

14. mackey

mackey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Facebook and Twitter Marketing :D

Yes, both social networking sites are useful, effective tools that will help your business grow but of course, you have to think this through because whatever action you take is a marketing strategy that requires a lot of planning and thinking. If you are planning on venturing into online marketing through facebook and twitter, you have to really consider the target audience or consumers of your product or service. If you think that your audience are mostly active online users, then giving it a go will definitely help in your business, but if your product or service caters to those older who are not really internet active, you should think twice. :)

15. alyssa.smith831

alyssa.smith831
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes its pretty true that twitter & facebook are very useful in getting traffic & for website promotion

But these sites need everytime updated content

This is the major drawbacks of these social networking sites

Another best way to get traffic is to post your site on those sites which already have got lots of traffic

Such sites are classified sites.

And mapleme.com is one of them

I am not marketing this site. It is truly good simple & easy as i experienced

It is 100% Free

Advertising is FREE NO CHARGES at all

And Simple FREE Registration

16. BrainCourage.com

BrainCourage.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, they are very helpful. But you need to use them reasonably. It is quite hard to find and attract your target audience, but after you done that, you can get nice traffic from them.

17. Dawey

Dawey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use them to keep contact with my blogs' readers. And for SEO. But I don't use them to grow my business. I think it's very hard and time consuming. Personally, I hate facebook. Twitter is much better. I only have them because of business reasons, I wouldn't care if I wasn't depended on them.

18. seolyka2

seolyka2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, Facebook and Twitter are widely use by so many people and businesses to promote their products and services. Social media helps business grow because it makes content of a website go viral and reach out business contacts and consumers.

19. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

And the fact that social media sites can actually be a medium to have a direct contact to your customers and prospects gives it another advantage which many business can make use of.

20. BluStarMarketing

BluStarMarketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Heres a good way to grab some targeted leads.... find your competitors on twitter and follow them. Then as they approve you send a message with a special promotion enticing them to visit your business for something free..then put your sales tactics to work and have them purchase something =) haha. This works with tanning salons and gyms pretty well.