Does this seem legit to you?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by rax1418, Jul 3, 2011.

1. rax1418

rax1418
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I replied to a Craigslist ad displaying a job opening. I asked for the details of the position. What I received was an email entailing a position with an impossibly overpaid salary. This lead me to think that the ad was just another scam out to get people's information, but then I read their website and, I have to admit, it helps the company look like a legitimate operation. I wanted to get a second opinion from someone on here...

The company is called SIS Group Inc. I looked at some of the partners listed on their site and one of them is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway.

The reply was from a Robert Holt, SIS Group Inc Payment Manager and member of the support team. The web site given to me in the email was: http://sisgroup-inc.org

I tried to check up on them with the BBB but had no luck in finding them. Maybe you can do better.

Please help me.

2. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is the info' I found on a who is, why don't you phone them?

3. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The SIS Group is a company that you won't make money with unless you push and sell their products and services. It's basically a commission based job.
    I wouldn't waste my time.

4. karoshio

karoshio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are you basically saying a telemarketer?

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What kind of job was it for? How do they pay, is it a salary or commission only as Jerlene said?

6. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Something like that but you do the work in person. You go around looking for businesses that might be interested in purchasing the products and you pitch it to them.