Does Social Media Make Website Promotion Easier?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by Redd, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Redd

Redd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've seen a number of groups on Facebook which were created with the sole intent of connecting webmasters who want to promote their websites. You help other webmasters promote their sites and earn credits which in turn will get other webmasters to promote your site.

The promotion could be as simple as liking a web page or sharing content from the site with [your] social media connections, bookmarking sites like Stumbleupon, etc, etc. All you seek is to have more people see your content and theoretically the more your content is shared on social media and social bookmarking sites, the more readers you might draw to your blog, website, etc.

Do you think this is a good way to promote websites/blogs or is it a waste of time?

2. david14beck

david14beck
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, of course its a good way but its a good way for website traffic and product/event promotions. Its a little helpful in website ranking.

3. aaryanmevada

aaryanmevada
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, Now a days Social media is more powerful way for websites promotion. It's help in better traffic and create a reputation of brand.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

David makes a good point. Many of the old ranking techniques are now deemed unacceptable because they were abused by those who created "junk" just to get ranking. It might be a good way to get the word out about your site and increase traffic, but not so much for a long term increase in your ranking.

5. CrowdedHighways

CrowdedHighways
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's a good way to increase your traffic, if that is the only thing you need. Just keep in mind that many of the viewers will actually be disinterested in the actual content of your website. They are most likely just there to promote their website, as well.

6. klaythomson

klaythomson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes in my personal experience and opinion, social media is the best way to promote a sites. The traffic that generates from social media is really massive. Some of the readers and visitors turns into customers. Make sure that the fans from social media are true humans and not fake.

7. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media is a great way of promoting anything really. The potential audience is global and as it is free to use, the only costs are time and effort.

8. benecklary

benecklary
    uix_expand uix_collapse

social media is nice way to get the more peoples attention for your product and services mostly facebook not good for services, it is good for product marketing for example mobile accessories, mobiles, fashion items, fashion accessories, dress this kind of item advertising is really help in facebook

9. zotowatson

zotowatson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Use Google Ad display for promotion of your website, You can also use social media websites to promote your website.

10. firsttender

firsttender
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes social media makes website promotion easier because on social media you can target your website visitors for better traffic and services.

11. mishraraj2603

mishraraj2603
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Obviously, It is good for promotions of website. Every educated people have their own social profile like Facebook, Twitter,etc. So if you know how to engage the people on social channels then definitely you can increase traffic on your site.
    Thanks

12. Asher ross

Asher ross
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Social Media is a platform where there is two communication between your business and people.
    Social Media if used effectively can increase traffic to your website that is relevant to your business.
    When using social Media make sure that your posts contain content that has information which is of value to your target audience.
    Ensure that the users in the user base are allied to your business.
    Yes, social media provides a helping hand in website promotion but don’t expect that from day one it generates enormous sales.

• Like Like x 1
  13. JPMaroney

JPMaroney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes. Social media is the best way to promote a site. A lot of people around the world are now in social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ etc. By managing all of those accounts you are getting a real traffic from your audiences.

14. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've seen a few affirmations in here that I don't really agree with :):
    1. Social Media is free as it only costs time and effort. Then it's not free, is it? Apart from that, I don't know anyone that makes a decent income using social media, but is not paying for advertising.
    2. All the educated people have social media accounts. This may come as a surprise, but many of the decision makers over 45 - 50 years of age do not have any SM accounts or, if they do, they rarely log in.
    3. Social Media is the best way to promote a site. While this may be true in some cases, social media cannot (yet) compensate for the benefits offered by the main search engines, for example. There are 2 different types of audiences in here: on social media - people interested in but not actively looking for your products or services and on Google - people actively looking, ready to buy. So, you cannot really compare the 2.
    I've seen that people keep on trying to separate things that can only work at their full capacity if they're together, like Social media and search engines. We do receive organic traffic sometimes because of the SM signals and people will find our SM accounts in search and follow our businesses.

• Like Like x 1
  15. addialex

addialex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes of course social media make website promotion easier .Social media sites provides quick, effective and affordable way to promote your business on a low budget.

16. Robert01

Robert01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No, I never think it is a waste of time. Social Media is a very big and important part of SEO now. There is no way it is a waste of time. Cause it does help to promote your website or blog.

17. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Advertising through social media isn't a waste of time, but only if your prepared to work at it. Anybody can set up a page on Facebook for example, link it to your business site, get a few friends to join and like it and away you go. But it's not that simple.

On your social media page you might have 10,000 people subscribed, but not all of them will actually bother to go past your page and on to your site, never mind even buy anything off you.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that's a great way to get your name out there. I mean if you're promoting your page then it's not a bad thing. The more people that know about it, the better. I think that the world is evolving more now to using social media. They are trying to use it now so that they can get their name out there. I have also heard that groups on facebook is a great way to promote your page.

19. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't have a website, but I do have online shops, and belong to Facebook and Etsy groups designed to cross-promote our shops. I haven't found it helpful, personally. Many people don't have a genuine interest in your shop/site, they are only participating for reciprocal likes, and some don't even follow through with cross-promotion, simply taking all they can. I found them to be a huge time suck, and I didn't see any sales or increased traffic (other than the initial traffic from the actual Liking of shops/items), so have stopped participating in them.

What I do now is cross-promote informally on Twitter, tumblr, and Instagram. My sales haven't improved significantly, but I'm also wasting less time, and interacting with others who actually care, which leaves me feeling more positive. I have gotten some sales through this process, I enjoy it a lot more, and I'm hopeful for the upcoming holiday season.

20. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe that promoting blogs, forums and all other type of websites through social media is actually something questionable.

I mean, build an online presence in social media is a must nowadays, but promoting is not as effective as it used to be when the social media phenomenon was in its hottest moment some years back. Actually social networking sites are suffering a sort of degradation in services that is making people quit. You can find on the news articles about how Facebook members are moving away, particularly teenagers.

This does not mean, however, that social media has lost relevance, only that today is harder than before promoting on your own, and this is why those groups @Redd mentions to be there helping webmasters but...

Does make sense get your link promoted in a group that only other webmasters can see? Actually search engines don't crawl individual statuses on walls or tweets, despite they used to do it with Twitter some years back before the site changed infrastructure for a Facebook closer match.

Even if some updates are leaked into search engines listings, a non-member clicking on such a list will be lead to the social site but will not be able to see anything unless register an account; at this scenario, the surfer may move quickly away or may sign-up/login, but then it's the social network which receives the benefit, not really the webmaster posting a link because, once logged, the surfer may or may not follow the link posted there.

Personally, I keep promoting on my own, no matter if at some point I would have to join to a group for traffic exchange, but one should not put all promotion efforts in promotional formulas set into social networking sites in the belief they make promotion easier, when I would say they are simply giving another option to advertise, but success depends on many more factors.

• Agree Agree x 1