Does sitting at your desk all day affect you?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by NateAnglin, Oct 2, 2013.

1. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You work long hours at the computer being mindless of your position because you focus too much on your work. What’s your usual position when working? This sounds uncommon but have you tried standing?

2. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me, It will give me pain to my whole body and mind. I can't sit all the day and work, I need to move around. It makes me dull and I need time to stand up and walk around to refresh myself. Whether It's a long work too, I move my hands or legs to reduce the dullness.

3. spyindiaankur

spyindiaankur
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is obvious that our body would get affected by all the day on one desk. I would prefer moving my body time to time and taking a small walk from one place to another.

4. J Greig

J Greig
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I think sitting at your desk for long periods of time can definitely affect you in the long run. Anyone who is going to be sitting at their desk in front of a computer screen should be taking regular breaks as it's not only bad for you, it's bad for your eyesight, your back and even your wrists. Many people don't think of these things when working on a computer, but there should be more awareness on it.

5. Bagchi

Bagchi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is good to have a walk on periodic intervals. Continuously watching pc and sitting on the same chair may cause fatigue. It is always advisable to move out and have some coffe or tea to relax.

6. renniemart

renniemart
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes its affecting me health wise a lot... I have gained weight, even i feel lethargic.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Are you doing anything about that renniemart? A good exercise program that you enjoy could be very helpful to you.

8. mauricecowell

mauricecowell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In reality, Yes! It did affect me and I think most of us who sit all day to finish all the works that need to be done. I find it very tiresome but because that its a normal activity since I work in front of my computer, then I just take a little break in between. Also, during my off from work I make sure to go outside to breathe new air and to make myself see the world so as to enjoy as well.

9. spyindiarvind

spyindiarvind
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes, it affects our body. i can't sit all the day and work on my desk. I feel like energy less and lazy. So i need to move around time to time to refresh myself.

10. paul0007

paul0007
    uix_expand uix_collapse

too much, all day im thinking about what a good sunny life is out of our office. But you know some time i fill that i want to be at my dask. I dont know is it dependence or what but when ther are nothing to do at the streen i wanted to be at my dask.

11. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Obviously, our body gets tired if we sit on desk for a long time(7-9 hours) in a day. But if it is part of your job, you can manage it with daily morning exercise.

12. isisplinfo

isisplinfo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am not sure if it is affecting my health anyway but I try to take break of 2-10 minutes after 1 hour of sitting. I also keep a small table to put my legs on it, in front of my chair. This really works for me. At least i never feel like leg pain.

13. LPCOORAY

LPCOORAY
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes - it affects me. When sitting for more than 1 hour even I tried to sit with my back straight - I am getting a back pain after - that is why i am limiting my time sitting in front of computer for a long time. Yes I've tried working while standing to straighten my back but need a high table to do that else I will still bend my body for some data entry/typing... :)

14. Timsmith

Timsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes it affects our body badly if we use to sit for the whole day and sometimes it results in many diseases therefore i suggest everybody not to sit on one place for whole day, everybody must walk or do some exercise for 30 to 45 minutes daily, it would really help you.