Does eBay offer any seo value?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by kevinkrieger, Jan 31, 2014.

1. kevinkrieger

kevinkrieger
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to sell the products on eBay. Could anyone tell is it beneficial to sell products on such classified sites? How to rank high for the products on eBay search results and how to get traffic to the products that we are selling? Does it have seo value for the seller’s website?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Unfortunately, putting an item up for sale on a third-party site means nothing for SEO purposes. Also, because you do not own or control the webpages your items are listed on, you cannot access the code for the page, therefore you cannot perform any necessary optimization that needs to be done. So, if you are putting the items for sale on e-bay, hoping they will be ranked higher, I'm afraid that is not going to work. You can, however, link to the pages on your Facebook or Twitter page. Do not overdo this, however, as your followers do not want to have their pages filled with ads for your products.

3. Black15

Black15
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sure, I sometimes see ebay auction listings in search results. However, typically they aren't very high on SERPs. But, that all depends upon what someone is looking for.

One benefit to having storefronts on places like ebay, amazon, etsy, and others is that you have access to a larger audience who already have accounts on the main website. I really wouldn't consider having multiple storefronts to be really beneficial from an SEO standpoint, though--however, if your goal is to expand your audience, you might have some success.

4. dir4uk

dir4uk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes you will get seo benefits classified sites frequently indexed by Google so there is chance to be ranked in Google search