Does anyone use Instant Messaging software within their business?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Paul_R, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Brooke Harper

Brooke Harper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

IM solutions are a great addition to any business. We currently use Slack to communicate with different members of the team, especially since we have a lot of employees overseas. Compared to emailing and video calls, instant messaging is more convenient and straight to the point. What I like about it is we can create different teams, has direct messaging and tagging features.

2. Julia Sta Romana

Julia Sta Romana
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We use Olark and Facebook messager for communicating with customers. Slack or Skype for internal communications.

3. Mike Levin

Mike Levin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When I started working for my first employer, we had a big office and the most common instant messaging software was Jabber. So all of our PC's had this app installed and the whole database of employees were added there.
    Nowadays, I would prefer to use Telegram in my own business, as it's very reliable software

• Like Like x 1
  4. Julia Sta Romana

Julia Sta Romana
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah! Telegram is great. i like that it has an encryption option to protect confidential or proprietary information.

5. dbs00

dbs00
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm using Skype to chat on a daily basis.
    Using it for External Phone Calls as well
    If I get messages from customers on facebook, of course I'm gonna use the their messenger and respond :)

So ye, Using social media instant messengers

6. Evan Mcgregor

Evan Mcgregor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Same here. I find it very convenient to use, easily customizable, and files, images, screenshots can easily be shared with the team. I've also used Skype and Whatsapp for personal conversations with family and friends.

• Like Like x 1