Does anyone have experience with being an online teacher?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by RestOwner, Apr 7, 2010.

1. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know someone who is interested in online teaching, but they only have a Bachelor's degree and it seems jobs online are hard to come by. Any tips or experiences you can share? Thanks in advance!

2. Azertyle

Azertyle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I dont know about online teaching but has he/she tried tutoring services? With enough referrals, this is a sure income stream.

3. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great, I will pass that along. Thanks!

4. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yep - quite easy to post online tutorials then organise group webinars or calls on occasional base. Depending on market people will pay a premium for good learning this way.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What subject is your friend interested in teaching RestOwner? I wouldn't worry about his or her qualifications. Perspective clients will be interested in what they can learn from their online teacher, not what degrees they have.

Some people such as Aaron Wall from SEO Book, and Jeremy Schoemaker from the Shoe Money System, make huge money from providing online tutorial services. I've never heard them talk about their degrees and I don't believe their clients care. Their clients' main concern is that the person they are paying, can teach them what they need to know, to achieve their goals.

6. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you might want to get involve with peacecorps.gov
    most of their volunteers usually turned out to be an online teacher every once in a while after being sent to somewhere else.

my sister is an online teacher - she teaches Filipino languages.

7. iketz0

iketz0
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I never had a experience in online teaching but I think this job is really a great one. But As I can see there are some advantages and disadvantages occurs in this kind of teaching.

8. kristenspring

kristenspring
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Online teaching is really good. I was interested at it when I knew that my favorite teacher is also doing an online English teaching. She said that she will help me on how to do it.

9. rian47242

rian47242
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes - quite easy to post online tutorials then organise group semiinars or calls on occasional base.

10. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not sure about your country, but our country do have some online tuition centre. One of my friend works as part time online tuition centre lecturer. The qualification is depends on the requirement, my friend also Bachelor's degree and she is now giving tuition to the secondary school student online.