Does Alexa helps you?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by GekiDan, Mar 5, 2012.

1. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have been reading some posts on another forum regarding on how they deemed Alexa as one of the most important factors when it comes promotion and marketing. And how one should focus more on this, rather than Google.

Is the site helping you at all?

2. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What i can see is that alexa ranking doesnt help at all

3. Matt Damon

Matt Damon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They Alexa informs us that how much visitors a particular website is getting, and it measures up your visitors with all the websites on the planet and then give you a number

4. bretttina

bretttina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Alexa is very important in ranking for any search that relates to your site = amount of traffic your site is receiving on a daily/weekly basis,

So i would say Alexa has a huge asset to your sites visitors and existing members, so a potential customer will respect a site with a good Alexa ranking over another with a poor Alexa ranking, i personally do use Alexa search to find blogs and the likes for my link building,

Hope this helps.

5. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is just a site that measures your website's traffic. It helps you get the idea of how many people goes through your website. Although, it isn't really accurate. Most of the data they gathered are from people who install their application.

Traffic on the other hand, is really useful to your website. It is a common misconception that Alexa and Traffic is being describe as the same thing, which is not. Having a flowing traffic to your website can only mean a lot of things like high ROIs, much active visitors, useful content and more.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi

The only thing I use Alexa for is a yardstick to gauge how much traffic another site gets, or rather, how popular another site is. It is a faulty yardstick, but it is good for a quick snapshot.

I try not to rely on any site or search engine too much. I am working to diversify so that whatever occurs in the future, my business(s) will remain stable.

My foundation is creating excellent, high quality and original content that visitors seek and love.

7. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm basically on the same page with Denise. I like to look at all information, but all of it, even your own logs and Google Analytics, needs to be viewed skeptically. The information is useful as a general guidepost but should not be relied on too heavily.

8. DrewryMedia

DrewryMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Drewry is writing and submitting one article a day to an article directory and experiencing up to potentially 4000 points a day being dropped in the United States on Alexa.com alone. If you write and submit articles and use YouTube, you can look for to good search engine results. Just a helpful hint :)

9. ThirdSEO

ThirdSEO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Alexa is important because it reports the daily reach of a website in terms of a percentage. A larger reach means your website is used by more people, which in turn means that you can charge more for advertising or potentially sell your website to someone else for a higher price. Alexa also has a lot of great demographic data that webmasters can use to target their advertisements more accurately. The site definitely helps me when I'm conducting research on a particular website or trying to determine which websites I want to place my advertisements on for a better return on investment. Alexa is a very popular tool in Internet marketing and should definitely be used in addition to Google's website analytics software.

10. John Dale

John Dale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Re:

I think google doesn't looking at your alexa rank. So it is not so important, It may be important for advertisers to decide about your website.

11. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What Haley said is pretty much what my opinion on Alexa. I haven't even visited the site for months unless some advertiser wants my Alexa rank (can't he look at it on his own :p ), and even disabled my Alexa toolbar as don't really use it that much.

To those people who thinks Alexa is important, how about the amount of people who doesn't use their toolbar? We all know that most users of Alexa toolbar are webmasters. So, how could it reflect the site's reach/visitors for those sites whose owners never or rarely visits webmaster forums nor have their links ralated to webmastering?

12. Matt Damon

Matt Damon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Alexa is very important in location for any look for that issues your web page = amount of guests your web page is getting on a daily/weekly period,

So i would say They has a enormous resource to your websites guests and current associates, so a possibility will regard a site with a good They location over another with a bad They location, i individually do use They search to find weblogs and the prefers for my linking,

13. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't really know about alexa, haven't use them but
    base on what I've read years ago, alexa isn't helpful however people try to make their stat results as real.

14. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well at the end of the day it is just a tool for someone who wants to advertise in your website. Since they do not have any data on how they could reveal some data about your site they can use an external tool such as Alexa. If you want a much comprehensive tool about your traffic data like where it come from (country and city), used web browser (firefox, opera, chrome), and more you might want to consider installing Google Analytics.

15. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do have Google Analytics on my sites. But there are times that some advertisers thought that I'm faking the site's stats since my niche is not that really well known outside our fan base...

16. Michael Leng

Michael Leng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As I have heard Alexa keeps the traffic of visitors and reports to sites owner.

This state helps the webmaster to know no. of visitors so far, then he could plan on what to do next.

17. finejewellerys

finejewellerys
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It just a measurement to the traffic volume for our site, It only a tool to show the final traffic chart.no help to improve our SERP or any help to get extra traffic.

#17 finejewellerys, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2012
  18. johnhols

johnhols
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me, I don't really find it that helpful. It's just a guide.

19. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

But, a "guide" should at least be helpful, right?

20. zrob2012

zrob2012
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like Alexa because, unlike the Google PR system,
    which ranks you based on the number of sites which link in,
    because Alexa actually ranks you based on the amount of traffic you're getting to your site. :)