Does a new online business have a future?

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by noreturn, Sep 28, 2012.

1. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So with the internet one of the biggest inventions of the world it is no doubt that getting an online store may be the way of the future. But my question to you is this:

"Is there a future to new online business?"

There are so many new HUGE sites out there that are over whelming for people to buy, but there is also a overwhelming number of new stores that are new and dont have a reputation so customers are forced to go to the old stores. One example for those of you who dont understand what I am saying is this:

No new search engine is going to pop up and going to overtake Google place in search engines. For example the new Bing commercial that started about 4 years ago is saying that people prefer to Bing to Google. But that is just not the case I could ask any of you on this forum and you would say Google is better.

So what do you think?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I feel that the development of online business is similar to the development of traditional business. When the Internet first became popular and we had the Internet boom, it was easier for a new online business to secure funding and to find a successful niche in the market. Then we had the bust and funding for online businesses declined rapidly.

As you say there are a huge number of online businesses already competing in most niches. Many of these businesses have strong brand awareness and lots of existing customers. This makes it much more difficult for new entrants to get a foothold in the market. However, it is far from impossible and there are still lots of online opportunities.

3. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Online business is definitely getting tougher, and so is Google. If someone expects to make a living by using mechanical methods and tricks, those days are numbered. But if someone really has knowledge and will take the time to lay a good foundation, create quality content and provide information that visitors seek, then there is a future. It just takes work.

4. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Online business is highest competition than any other industry, anyone have a computer can start a business. The good thing is everyone have equal opportunity to run a business without lot of capital.

5. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It's true that there are some huge internet companies and that size is often an advantage. But large companies also can get lethargic and if there are sudden shifts in consumer habits, they may be slow to change.

It has happened before, many times. Sears, Woolworth's and Montgomery Ward were huge when Sam Walton had opened the first Walmart in 1962. Two of those are gone and Sears has been attempting to reinvent itself for years. CBS, NBC and ABC had a virtual monopoly on TV and but that didn't keep Ted Turner from creating CNN in 1980 or Rupert Murdoch from creating Fox in 1986. With the advent of cable TV, the landscape changed and now there are hundreds of channels and dozens of networks. If you can name an industry, you can also likely name a former giant of that industry that is either gone, merged or a shadow of its former self.

There will always be opportunities and there will always be challenges. I'm not saying that creating a business to tackle Amazon or Google head on is ever going to be easy, but finding a niche that they don't do well in is possible and you can build from there.

• Like Like x 1
  6. pawee

pawee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm pretty sure that the answer is YES when it comes to healthcare industry. Particularly in Medical Transcription and Billing field. Most people in that path started their own business and is working from home. According to Bureau of Labor Statistics, career for them will continue to bloom for the following years so yeah...

7. tc.marites

tc.marites
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello guys! I can help you out in terms of online marketing, I've been in a business for almost 9 years now.

8. remonray

remonray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Comment on overall of the post can be = Yes,online business have future or 100% online business can be our future.
    Comment on Google's position takeover= Yes,it is possible. The strong example can be some time ago 1/3 mobile phones were of Nokia, after some years iOS was taking height but now Android is up... So, there is not only one in IT. There was yahoo some years ago where everybody used to mail but now they use hotmail/gmail. So,why not next option for facebook/google SE. Still, I must say google search engine isn't perfect like if I search for any keyword it shows many irrelevant results in the first page too. So, if anybody make Search engine with better intelligence to show up exact and best results then sure it will end google's search engine.

9. WebNet Host

WebNet Host
    uix_expand uix_collapse

YES!! Any business can have a future, but it takes hard work, just like anything else. Put in the hard work and hours and it will pay off.

10. onlinemarketing

onlinemarketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    I believe that online business has a great future. It is considered to be a great way to make money. It doesn't require much time and is a very convenient method.

11. clickfund

clickfund
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Online biz is here to stay, but competition is fierce, so with consistent action and a good plan in place the little guy can still win, but you have to be willing to take the hits.

12. masterbizcoach

masterbizcoach
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree, that's why new store should intense their marketing and PR to build their reputation online.

13. renegadeleader

renegadeleader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Takes a lot of effort from those reputable online stores. But if you are eager to create your own name in the same niche, its not impossible to compete with that companies.

14. kristenhanna

kristenhanna
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is true but still many new online stores will also flourish in their business. It depends upon your marketing strategy. It is not compulsory for all customers to drop in to the old online store, they will also visit the new sites, if you have anything special or new that attracts the visitors. If you understand your customers, you should have to implement a strategy to attract those visitors and generate more sales in your business by interacting with your visitors. so new online business will also have a good future.

15. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is. For most of online businesses, there is a future and more developments coming their way. Though not all are appropriate to become an online business, but sooner or later there will be more innovations that could also promote other types or almost all types of businesses online.

16. BacklinksInc

BacklinksInc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is profit in so many things, literly there are still millions of profitable niches left and there will always be, theres new trends born every day. And ways to spin even old methods. Online will never die, its still on the rise actually. if you need some help finding a niche or business idea, just send me a message. Ill help you for free

• Like Like x 1
  17. Justin McCollen

Justin McCollen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

New businesses have a future if it is handled right because some of the reasons why some businesses fail is because it is not handled right...

18. dgeneschi

dgeneschi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your ambition is nothing more nuanced or unique than to be the next amazon, then I'd agree that the outlook is not great. However, there will always be a place for businesses selling either new and exclusive products (like my friends who run a very successful streetwear brand out of New York that they started in the late '90s in a saturated fashion market) or selling in a new way (think Zaarly, Exec/TaskRabbit, or Quibids).

19. andrewtarant

andrewtarant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes it is definitely true that online business always proves better and successful in future, if you use some effective strategy like online marketing which is the best one to promote your business products globally. Nowadays without marketing you can not get success in your business for sure.

20. pete.mcal

pete.mcal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you need to make more of a case for the value you can give customers as a small independent business. People go to the big players like Amazon because of trust and branding. You need to prove to customers that they are safe with you, you'll provide them a good service and there are benefits to making a purchase through you.

I think in short I'm saying don't clone the big guy's style, create something unique!

• Like Like x 1