Does A Blog Really Help Ranking In Google?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by amwarner, Jul 28, 2013.

1. amwarner

amwarner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've had my website for a while now but I just recently created a blog section to the site where I put up content almost every day. I've had it for about a week or so now.

I did this because certain sites, blogs, and podcasts I frequent, always say that you can get better rankings with Google if you have a blog that's updated quite frequently, rather than have static pages (which is what my website had previously). Does anyone know if this is true or now, or if they've tried it themselves and are seeing results they're willing to share?

Fortunately, or unfortunately, my website is in the making money niche, so I realize that it'll be near impossible to get really up there in the eyes of Google. But I do provide great quality content that hopefully will get me ranking better.

Anyway, any advice is welcomed.

2. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A blog attached to your website will definitely boost your traffic and, implicitly, your rankings.

Just do a keyword research before writing content and use the popular keywords that have low competition in the title and body of your articles. Ping your blog with Ping-o-Matic or other similar service. Share the link of your post on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google+, Digg, Reddit, Delicious, StumbleUpon etc.. Create a few more backlinks using forum posts, blog comments, yahoo! answers, classifieds, event sites and so on.

Please, keep in mind that Google checks on every every page of your site and gives it a pagerank so you will have to have good, optimised content on each of them. Look at every post that you make as at a source of traffic for your website that you have to set-up once and it does the job for a long period of time after that.

Do not let yourself put-off by the multitude of the websites in the make money online niche. A lot of them have bad content on their pages so they should not be a problem for you to overtake them. Another bunch is represented by squeeze pages (the ones that are used to capture contact details to build lists). Google sees no value in them so you shouldn't be concerned about them, either. A third category would be the proper built and optimised websites, your true competition.

A higher pagerank does not equal a better place in search results for certain keywords but an appreciation of your efforts up to one point.

Good luck! ;)

• Like Like x 3
  3. amwarner

amwarner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for that advice. I just started recently going keyword research before I wrote an article or even these blog posts. Another question if you don't mind, how often should I use the keyword in the post? Does it really matter if I use it 3 times or 5? And are long tail keywords better than just the one word keywords?

4. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To be honest, I use common sense :). I never calculate an exact density. If the text reads well, then it is alright. As far as I know, it is OK if the density is around 1.5% for each keyword you are using (please note that you can use synonyms, as well).

Long tail keywords are being used for two main reasons: they usually have lower competition and you can better target a specific niche. It is quite hard to find a one word keyword that is popular and has low competition, but, if you do, use it.

5. johnsmith1985

johnsmith1985
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

I often made blogs for my websites with unique content and applying post every week. and believe me i got very good number of back links and yes your blog comes on high rank on google but it may take some time like 5-6 months. I usually using blogger for blog posting.

6. yang247

yang247
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the effect of blogs are worse than forums& bookmarks
    Just my personal opinion

7. OlegLola

OlegLola
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Blog is definitely effective for SEO. But also try commenting other blogs. If you have an interesting comment, people will click your name or link and head over to your website or blog. This is efficient methods of search engine optimization and leads to attract new visitors to personal blog.

8. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Can you give us a little more insight into how you formed this opinion? Was it from personal experience or something you read? Do you believe blogs themselves are bad or is it something specific about them?

Although what you have described will increase traffic to a website, we need to know more about how this helps with SEO and increasing the ranking of a website. You also mentioned personal blogs. Can this method be used for other types of websites, or does it only work for personal blogs?

9. amwarner

amwarner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Similar to what joeroxx is asking, can you explain why you feel that way about blogs?

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

I did hear someone saying something like that a while ago ... that it takes a good while for google to rank it ... But as it stands right now, I'm just putting out content thats unique and hopefully google will recognize it down the road and maybe I'll get backlinks as well.

10. amwarner

amwarner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well I have a website that I intergrated a blog into, so hopefully your personal blog comment will work for websites. But that's another thing I heard people talking about doing. It's something to definitely try out ... and an interesting way to get a few subscribers as well.

11. TripBuildermedia

TripBuildermedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If blog is linked up with your web site then it will surely bost up the traffic of your site and you can use the same blog for "blog commenting "

12. Karthikrao

Karthikrao
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes Off course. The Blogs will Effective on Seo Very Much. This is my personal Experience. To increase the traffic i just started to write blogs and commenting on related blogs. Really I found very much of increase in traffic.

13. driansmith

driansmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good common sense indeed Constantin. I agree - especially with the density issue.

14. scottbaird

scottbaird
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, Blog helps a lot in getting ranking up. Search engine always prefers updating unique content. Blog also helps to get potentail traffic for the website also. Blog is for search engine as well as for user.

15. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi amwarner,
    There are a few really positive benefits of adding a blog to your site.

• You can attract traffic in your target audience by blogging about topics they are interested in reading about. Make a list of topics that your audience would want to read about and start writing posts about them.
    • Use your own blog posts to create contextually embedded hyperlinks that point back at the more important pages on your website that aren’t on the blog. Use relevant anchor text when doing this. Google will reward your other pages by pushing their ranking higher. The more authority (Google PageRank and Domain Authority) your blog has, the better this works.
    You will get better results with your blog a few months from now if you take the time right now to go build some relationships with other bloggers. Go find twenty blogs that you really like to read. Then become a regular reader and regular commenter on those sites. Get to know those other bloggers over a period of time.
    As you build up relationships with those other bloggers you will find that those people are more willing to link out to you from inside their own blog posts. But they will only do it if they like you and they think you have great content. You need to have both.
    When you start getting those kinds of links coming in freely because you have friends who blog, that is when you will really start seeing good results.
    If you just keep writing new blog posts without reaching out to anyone else, then you are likely to find yourself talking to a really tiny audience for a really long time.
    You can get other bloggers to like you faster if you start linking out to their blog posts from inside your own blog posts. Give those links away freely to the people who most deserve them. The more of that you do, the sooner those people will want to reciprocate.
    Building those relationships is the fast track to authority and traffic. That is why so many bloggers are fans of social media. You can build relationships quickly using social media networks.
    Regardless of whether you reach out to other bloggers as I am suggesting you should, you should still do both of those first two things I mentioned. You will still see some results doing that even if you don’t go build relationships.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Chris_Tax

Chris_Tax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have an SEO question:
    My website moved down to #2 below my directory listing. I left 40 anchor links this week end. I want it number 1. These comments have to be approved by moderator and picked up in Google. Is there a fast way to kick start this ?

17. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I checked, and you are ranked #1 for "tax prep fillmore", "fillmore tax prep", and "fillmore tax preparation". Google and the moderators of the blogs you comment on "march to their own driummer", so to speak, and cannot give preferential treatment to someone just because they want it. In any case, if you did have your own directory listing as #1, and your website as #2, you still own the top two positions for that phrase, which is quite an achievement. I would not obsess over a temporary drop, but you can keep an eye on it if you wish. If the drop is significant, and remains for a period of time, then you can check your website, and check your link profile, to see of their is a problem that needs to be fixed.

18. spyindiaa

spyindiaa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

blog posting definitely gone help you to boost your pr first of all you have a attractive template and have content that user want ot see or read, anchor the keywords in which you want to rank and share the bolg on social networking site..

19. Chris_Tax

Chris_Tax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Joseph Shivell,

As you know, it took hours and hours of work to do this. My next venture is Facebook to target locals. I am using a personnel page and adding local friends. I am sending messages to friends of friends who are locals to add me. I only do this Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursday. I am sharing great family picture and Happy birthday, etc. I am sharing tax articles and tax cartoons. When tax season start they are going to be hit with more.

20. sportychints

sportychints
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As per my opinion blog is the best option for getting high pr backlinks....I am doing blog posting for my all seo projects for all of my clients