Do You want to go offline one day?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Hurbel2k, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Hurbel2k

Hurbel2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As far as is see most people here on this forum want to do some online business. Like website programming, blogging for money, or article writing or some other service.

So I want to ask You is this just short term or long term? Do You want to go offline once You earned a certain amount of money?

My answer is that I want to start an offline business once I got some money. Depending on what You are doing, Your online business could die, when Your server crashes. In the offline world a lot of things have to happen to bring You down. However establishing Yourself in the offline world is probably harder.

I'd like to hear Your opinion and plans.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Believe it or not, I've generally found it easier to make money offline. However, I still have a great interest in online business models and this is what inspires me to work online, I don't do it for the money but because I enjoy it, if I was totally concentrated on the money I would spend my time on businesses not connected with the Internet. Obviously that is my experience, and there are many people who find it easier to make a profit online.

The point you make about your business going down due to a server crash is an interesting one. That's why you need a good data support and back up system in place, if your online business reaches any kind of size or if you are making a sizeable investment in it.

Many businesses that are not based online will often have their own premises. This premises will often increase in value and grow to be a substantial asset for the business / business owner. Unless you are very successful at establishing a strong brand and thus increase the value of your domain name, this is one advantage you don't have online.

3. rickyou

rickyou
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I already have an offline business, and slowly diverting from online business to offline business. Online business is easy to earn, but I think offline business gives more security in the future since technology is advancing.

4. npguy

npguy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its not always the case that offline business is more secure than online. It all depends on numerous factors and how well you are established.

5. exinRex

exinRex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yeah it depends how to handle your business whether it's an online or offline businesses. your businesses is in your hand! :D for now i'm in online business and it's doing great and i have fun with it!

6. Royer

Royer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

After I earn a enough money online I would probably sell that business and start a new offline one cause that way it is more secure and everything and in the online way, you can hardly see you business cause it would be located on a server, so your whole business would depend on other people and not on yourself.

7. rickyou

rickyou
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I really find that online business is very tiring because things change very very fast.