Do you use mobile commerce?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by onedirection2013, Jan 14, 2013.

1. onedirection2013

onedirection2013
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Everyone!

I am working on a final year project for my undergraduate studies with a mobile app developer. I am particularly interested in whether small / medium-sized businesses are employing mobile commerce solutions (e.g. mobile apps/ websites) to distribute the goods.

Do you have any opinions about mobile commerce? I know many people are using the e-commerce capabilities of magento, but what about the mobile ones? Do you see any downside of it?

Please help and the insights might be useful to you as well :D

Hope you can complete the short, 10-question form as well : http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MDQ29PG

Thanks & Regards
    Tommy

2. zeropid

zeropid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Filled form.
    As for mobile commerce apps there are already lots of big companies created their mobile apps to provide customers online shopping

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum onedirection2013, thanks for joining.

I've completed your survey, it only takes a minute so hopefully some of our other members will also help you out.

This forum sells subscription memberships, the site is run on vBulletin forum software and it has a mobile version. So even though I hadn't really thought of it that way before, we are actually engaged in mobile commerce.

Good luck with your studies!

4. kristenhanna

kristenhanna
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Like Like x 1
  5. sobi123

sobi123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i answered all your Questions , hope it will help for our Project , Gook Luck , and my all pray to you , hope you will pass with good marks in final year, Good luck and Thanks,

6. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't trust mobile commerce.....still the payment is not so secured via mobile,......

7. Henry.Mofluid

Henry.Mofluid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes i am using m-commerce,I think most marketers now accept that there isn’t a one-size-fits-all approach, and the decision should be made based on the business needs and aims of individual companies.
    However a new report from Compuware suggests that consumer preference is strongly in favour of apps (85%) ahead of mobile sites.The most common reason for this is that apps are seen to be more convenient (55%), faster (48%) and easier to browse (40%).
    There are magento extension that will convert your website into mobile app like Mofluid.

8. Sean_DeSilva

Sean_DeSilva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

About 20% of my traffic is coming from tablets and mobile devices, so it's something I plan on putting more attention to in the coming months.

9. ShivJaiswaL

ShivJaiswaL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello, eCommerce website for mobile is typical to build. Specially the payment gateway, funnels and tracking parameters. thanks