Do you use Live chat to help with sales / support?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by lynxus, Mar 26, 2013.

?

Do you use live chat on your business website?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Carrots

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. lynxus

lynxus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Q: Do you use Live chat to help with sales / support on your business website?

- If not, Any reason why? Are you planning to?
    - If you do, Do you find it useful? Has it helped?

2. AJKpeter

AJKpeter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sure yes! Live chat shows your customers your attention and ability to answer to any question

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes. We do use Live Chat for both handling enquiries and providing support to the clients.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We do.

Through live chat, you can create means to collect leads or interested parties. You can use a form before an individual finally enters live chat. Through live chat, you can directly know what customers think about your services, or their feedback. If they have problems with your service, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GeekGhost

GeekGhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We use Live chat for pre-sales on the front end. We also use a different chat client that integrates with our customer portal for support chats. That system connects the chat requester with their account so we automatically know what server the client is on, their domain and previous tech support issues.

• Like Like x 2
  6. watshelly

watshelly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, we are using Live Chat on our website (http://www.comm100.com/) and find it very helpful for both sales and support. As a provider of live chat software, we have also received a lot of feedback from our customers telling how live chat benefits their business. :)

7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Live chat is good but that's a man power consume, if your product is complicated or it require some technical support, then live chat is necessary.

8. FB92

FB92
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not always. Depends on the client I am working for. And if it's a site I own then I will just provide an email address or ticket system.

Live Chat can have it's good points, and then it's bad.

I prefer to use tickets as that way all my team see the same information and it's not relied on just one person to work with the person needing help.

9. kenzo

kenzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

From a point of customer's view, I would say that live chats are awesome. On the other hand, good FAQ can provide answers for people in most cases.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Choice Checks

Choice Checks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Offering a business to business product like business checks. Its great to use a live chat program. If the customer is hung up, or has a question, its good to offer help right then on the spot. Having a chat program that can offer assistance from the beginning to the end of the sale is showing how professional your company is, with the best customer service. Live chat does make a difference on so many levels.

11. lynxus

lynxus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Completely agree.
    FAQ's certainly can help minimise the need for live chat.

The only issue ive come across over the last few years is that internet users are becoming more and more demanding to a point where if the info isnt FLASHING IN THE SCREEN SHOUTING HEY LOOK HERE! then they just move along. Hunting through 25 questions on an FAQ seems like far too much work to some people ( who would then spend the next 10 mins googling etc just to find your product somewhere else )

So yeah. FAQ's are good but i think live chat certainly has its place within places that require more bespoke answers or sales answers. ( Not just saying this as im biased.. I hope? )