Do you use Google Apps?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Kay, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The newest feature to come out is synching it with Microsoft Outlook email.

http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/business/outlook_sync.html

2. Superbs

Superbs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well I've tried them just once and it was only cause it lets you create email ids for .tel domains. i needed some for my .tel domains.

3. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What did you think of it Superbs, would you recommend it? I don't think I've heard anyone say that they had used it before.

4. Superbs

Superbs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My main purpose for its use was for it's mail feature, I've still not used other features it has like Google Docs, calenders and Google Sites, the best part is it has been integrated to work well not only with .com but also with extensions like .tel, after all there's no other better alternative currently to create email ids for .tels other than through google apps.it's very userfriendly just like other google products and services. i would recommend it.

For those who wish to create email ids for .tel using google apps please use the following method.

Select the option Administrator: I own or control this domain from the sign up page and enter your .tel domain name.
    Enter all your personal information.
    Enter the email address you want setup at your .tel domain and finish the sign up process.

Get Google mail server names to setup MX records in your .tel domain.
    Skip forced verification of ownership using CNAME records by selecting I will validate later.

Go to your Admin Panel
    Verifying Domain Ownership > Configuring MX Records.
    Setup .tel to point to Google mail servers, such as
    ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 10
    ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 20
    Using the control panel, go to Settings > Setup .tel email and enter the priorities and the MX server names, OR
    Using the .tel SOAP API, create the relevant MX records by calling storeRecord().
    Wait for Google to validate ownership of your domain. This can take up to 48 hours.

That's it!

5. Norrad

Norrad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I love Google apps and I've been using them for awhile, I've managed to set up syncing to the calendar and email from my PC, Notebook and mobile phone. So I always know that all my info is current.
    The fact that you can now use Google instead of Exchange is wonderful, MS better start getting worried.

6. anhblog.net

anhblog.net
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have using Google Apps for my system email for member of small company . I feel it's so good.

7. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wow, it's nice that you can now run Microsoft Outlook 2003 & 2007 with Google Apps. Thanks for sharing this with us Kay.

Aside from that, if you really don't like outlook, you can move everything to Google Apps. Nice going google!

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I know someone who uses Google Apps to manage email to the domain name of his website. He is extremely happy with it and highly recommends it. Google provide excellent free and user-friendly tools to webmasters, that can save you a lot of money over and above what expensive competitors charge.

I do feel sorry for businesses that provide excellent paid for services that compete with Google's free offerings. For example, providers of premium website statistic services must be suffering in the face of the competition they are now receiving from Google Analytics.