Do you trust affiliate Gurus (and their videos/ebooks)?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Thanoz, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Simple question, do you trust them? Do you really believe that they will reaveal you some secrets that will boost your conversions?
    I have writen an associated article on this subject, here's the link: http://topaffiliatewebsites.com/blog/?p=32

Has anyone bought any of these training courses?
    Was anything that they suggested good?(don;t reveal what you learnt-it's ok)
    Have you become millionaire?(Hah!)

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Honestly I don't trust them, the majority of people who purchase those products don't make anything like the money they expect. I feel that those product creators give testimonials to each other to give each other credibility and boost each others sales. E.g. Internet Marketer A launches an information product this month with endorsements and recommendations from B & C. Next season B releases a product with testimonials from A & C, and after that C releases a product with testimonials from A & B.

When I hear of someone who is hugely successful, from a business that does not rely on selling those information products, crediting their success to an information product, then I'll trust them. Sadly I haven't seen that happen yet. For example, if Mark Zuckerberg thanked an information product for the ideas it gave him, then I'd buy that product.

• Like Like x 1
  3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I almost don't trust them too. The once changed the set up and if i didn't discover how our links where changed, i wouldn't get my commisions in every sale i get.

4. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are also many reasons that can't make a smart user purchase them. If he knows how to make 1532$/week why to sell his method? Especially for a great price of 19.99$.
    Is he going to make more money through the sales? Definitely not, having checked in CB about those courses, they don't sell easily more than 1000 copies yearly. So let's do maths! 19.99 x 1000(in a year) =19.990$/year. MINUS 40% which is an average commision for affiliate sales(9.5/10 are sold via affilaite platforms and not individually. The individual ones sell <100 copies). So, 19.990 - 40% = 11.994$ YEARLY and i dont' do the -TAX..
    IF it what this marketer claims to be true, earning an average of 1532$/week ( Let's not talk about those claiming 3k-5k/week .... )means that he makes 6.128$ per month. Let's do more mathematics.. we're talking about 73.536$ per year.
    So, he sells his secrets to make 73.536/year for a 11.994 year. And if he is selling his real secrets, you don't just cound the 12k as extra money but you may also have some losses from those 1000 that use your method and your affiliate tactics in the same sites you may promote.

And this is a very extreme scenario(i accept he earns the money he claims and that he sells a great number of copies) thought.. imagine looking to other scam products and other claims(100.000+$/year) and less sales etc.

5. danadlington

danadlington
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When you promote a click bank product you are helping the vendor to build their list. It is unlikely they are making all their money on the front end. If someone buys that product for $19.99 the product vendor now has a buyer and there is a strong chance the buyer will buy more products in the future. So these income claims by the Gurus are possible.

There are also other factors to their customers not making any money. First is the obvious one which is actually taking action and another is mistakes in their implementation i.e. bad keyword choices etc ... I think the main problem is the general public don't understand that getting started online is actually hard. The gurus don't want to say in their marketing message.

When I got started I made all sorts of mistakes and now I learnt this is all part of the experience.

I do believe there are gurus out there who are dishonest but the truth is people who sell bad products get found out in the end. The internet is transparent.

6. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@danadlington
    It's always nice to hear an opposite view/opinion.
    But, internet is not that transparent. There are many examples of web hosting companies that shut down in one night, never compensate users, register a new VAT bumber in Cape Verde or Malta and are up again as a new company!
    Internet is ,imho, not transparent but blur! :) Of course its 100% personal opinion!

7. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't trust every one of them. I do my own research and experiment and does not rely to them at all. All gurus have different opinions and views.

8. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No, I don't believe they are just selling their Ebooks and some of these are getting clicks on their affiliate links )