Do you think you are smart enough to avoid Google penalties??

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Robin Williams, May 18, 2013.

1. Robin Williams

Robin Williams
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How many of you think that you are smart enough to avoid any of the Google penalty? I do not think anyone can do this as Google has a strategy that any link, which you are placing can be considered a violation of their rule. I am wondering, how many of us get real link from visitors?

2. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are following the guidelines then you need not worry about penalties. Google does not penalize just any link to your site. Only the links which are made unnaturally only for ranking purposes and are of little use to the visitors then sites with such links are penalized.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

It's too much of a generalization to say that any link can be a violation of (Google's) rule. You do pose an interesting question, however. Waiting for visitors to create links to your site means it will take a very long time to get results, so some webmasters try to create their own. Overloading your website with links from directories and forum posting will not help, as these are usually low quality. Writing articles and blog posts that have content that interests the reader, while sprinkling links throughout the content, is more effective.

Cold we be overusing the word "penalty"? Yes, there have been cases where websites have been penalized when their unethical techniques are discovered, but many others could simply be people whose websites are not highly ranked because they are not marketing properly. In this case, they are not being "penalized", they re simply not getting the high rankings they would get if they used the proper techniques correctly.

4. jeff123

jeff123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if u trick google today in few updates from now u may be caught.

I am not sure what Google updates are going to come in future so its better if we play safe

5. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would agree to that completely. A little drop in rankings may be only because of low promotion but if your keywords rankings go from page 1 to page 5 then that is something you should worry about.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SEOSOPT

SEOSOPT
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if you are doing ethical seo and everything according to Google webmaster guidelines then all is well !!

7. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Although there's always a threat of penalties, I'm sure you'll be safe if you're contents are fresh and original. So like they always say, "content is king" is gonna be a safe road for you.

8. JenniferLawrence

JenniferLawrence
    uix_expand uix_collapse

5 Ways to Avoid Google Penalties -

Link Easy
    Go Social
    Be Relevant
    Don’t Over Optimize
    Go for Content Gold