Do you think sms marketing is a good option

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by manishsqrt, May 4, 2015.

1. manishsqrt

manishsqrt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have been doing seo for my website from last one year but i am not getting any success, i don't know whether it is with me only of many others
    but getting a good quality do follow backlink these days seems to be nearly impossible task, i have been doing seo majorly by forum posts and blogs comment, social book marking etc, but i am not getting search ranks with good keywords, so now i am planning to move to sms marketing as i feel that the userbase of smartphones is growing these days and it has a good future, please give your advice will it be a smart move, i am little confused
    as the main source of revenue from my site is web ads, so i feel that may be ads revenue wont be able to cover up sms cost, please give your suggestions or idea.

2. James4

James4
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO has changed over the time. And to get good quality back link to your site is really not an easy task. You must have put a lot of great efforts for it. But if you have really not getting any success from your previous efforts then you must try to analysis your site that's what’s going wrong there and have to fix the issues. If you have not much idea about these things then you should hire a SEO analyst with great experience. I don't want to go more deeply and coming back to your second question. I don't think so sms marketing will work. If you have a good budget to spend on marketing your website then I think Facebook add and search engine advertising (PPC/SEM) would be good options to generate lead.
    You can also generate revenue from social media channels without spending any money on advertising. For this you have to create business pages on social channels (Facebook, Google plus, twitter, LinkedIn etc.) and can target your targeted audience by posting good quality content and photos, videos, and info-graphics etc.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I agree with James4 that you might want to take a look at your website to make sure there are no problems there, but I also need to point out that forum posts and blog comments (NOT blogs comment) are not the best sources of links, and you have to be careful not to overuse social bookmarking. PPC and Facebook advertising are good alternatives, but search still gets the most traffic, so You should work on doing it properly, rather than abandoning it altogether. Participation on social networks like Facebook and Linkedin is also a good source for links, if you can post quality content, photos, videos, etc.

4. brickshazel

brickshazel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The competition really is tough but I'd say aside from doing SEO or any online marketing try other means of marketing too. Like your post title stated, try the SMS marketing, it might work. :)

5. bmwillsmith

bmwillsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

S M S marketing helps to the industries like teaching institutions, foundations, coupons/deals related websites, local shops who offers on seasonal basis, it also helps to know internal activities of an organization.

For example if you are running a training institute then you can send the course training details to registered students using S M S, then they will see your website for more details. It helps to improve your online shopping website R O I also. In this way we can use S MS marketing.

6. mishraraj2603

mishraraj2603
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey,
    SEO & SMS Marketing is totally different ways of marketing.
    In SMS marketing, you need to keep dependency on Strong database as per the age group you need for Lead generation.
    In SEO, You can target audience as per country & local area which is very easy & in your budget.
    So if you have good financial back up then you can go with sms marketing but if not then SEO is good for your business.
    Thanks

7. Kevin Peter

Kevin Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Is your target location locally? Do you have the budget for SMS to capture international audience through SMS? Do you have a database of cell phone numbers to do SMS marketing? Are they opt-in?

8. tk-hassan

tk-hassan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, SMS is one of the most effective things in these days as it is very likely that the vast majority of the receivers will at least see your sms and don't just delete it without opening it like the emails.

9. chad23

chad23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I personally don't believe in SMS marketing. As for me it is just annoying. The best thing for you to do is asking professionals to help you with your website. I'm pretty sure there are some problems with it or that happens because of your mistakes in something. Other way - social media marketing or bulk emails. Of course they also demand some careful treatment but its all better than SMS

10. digitizedarts

digitizedarts
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes.. SEO has change from the old days! These days you have to use a combination of social media, target audience and SEO.. In todays marketing.. I find you have to get your audience engaged in your product.. Post, comment or get interactive with topics related to your product!

11. firsttender

firsttender
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes it is good but need to analyse them who is giving you response and who need your services then you will able to success in the sms marketing.

12. ConvertiVid

ConvertiVid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Usually, SMS marketing works to large or multinational businesses because their target audience is a large crowd from various areas. However, I am not sure when it comes to small and medium businesses. Moreover, I doubt the ROIs of SMS marketing, since many people see SMS marketing tactics as spam.

13. melisalissa05

melisalissa05
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My thoughts will be, if you have not tried email marketing nor personal marketing then don't pursue on SMS marketing. How will you assume someone will think if out of nowhere they will receive a text promoting some product they are not even aware of. I am not saying that this doesn't work. It is, but for some reason not for every aspect of business. It works for offline for digital ones because it simply screams spammy.

14. peterfarrell22

peterfarrell22
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I do believe in SMS marketing and I am sure that it can work great for your campaign. The only thing you need in SMS marketing is targeting right person, which is not that easy, but is worth it.