Do you think SEO is more important than Social Media?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by Kiran Maurya, Oct 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiran Maurya

Kiran Maurya
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you think SEO is more important than Social Media?

2. Keity

Keity
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think there is a co-ordination between seo and social media. Is is incomplete without another one. so I think both are needed.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Alan Ron

Alan Ron
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As per my opinion, both are important. As city said it will be much better if there is coordination between SEO and social media. SEO will help you to improve your business through search engine where as SMO will help you to promote your business through social media channels.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Keity

Keity
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is actually! There has the co-ordination between those 2. I use both of it for the purpose of SEO.

5. harrythomas

harrythomas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both are having equal importance, but the thing is when you need something for your personal purpose or business purpose. You got to the internet search those things in search engine on the other hand social media is a platform where you can do branding of your product, you cannot expect direct sales through, but in case of search it can drive the offline sales as the people who use search engine are much sure about the thing they want they just go search it across, who is on the top of the SERPs they go on the website select the thing in this way we can expect the sales through search engine

• Like Like x 1
  6. CherylTorrie

CherylTorrie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No, I don't think one is more important than the other but it does depend on your target audience. Some people do search Facebook and other social media sites for pages belonging to local restaurants, movie theaters and retail stores but some people search directly from their search engine. Not to say that a truly great social media page won't show up on a search engine search but the chances are pretty slim unless it's a very target search. A combination of SEO within your website and advertising and Social Media Marketing is best.

7. spyindiaanu

spyindiaanu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As my point of view, both are important SEO or SMO. If you go for website promotion then you start with SEO process by building link and do on page on the site. Afterward you promote your website to social media site which grow your traffic. Involvement of both process is important. SEO is necessary also SMO.

8. hrishivardhan

hrishivardhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both are important to reach to target people. SEO will improve your site performance and keyword rankings and SMO will improve your social presence, so both are important form my view.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RyanMartin

RyanMartin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Equal balance of SEO and Social media is important. Social connect create a good trust.

You have a 1 million connection on google+ then your business will show in google search when any of 1 million people search product related to your business.

10. Ethan2

Ethan2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I usually use social media to drive more traffic to my website. These amount of traffic can boost your ranking in GSRP easily without a big linkbuilding strategy

11. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Where did you get this information from? Do you really think that just getting a large number of followers will raise your ranking in Google's SERP's? This the kind of misinformation that needs to be corrected by those who actually know what they are doing. Getting highly ranked in the search engines takes a lot of work, and you cannot get highly ranked just by increasing the number of followers in a social media website, no matter who owns it.

Here again, I wonder where you are getting your information from. Links are still an important part of Google's algorithm, and you cannot get ranked without a comprehensive link building strategy. Social Media is part of a marketing strategy, and can help if used correctly, but cannot increase your ranking all by itself. It can. however, increase traffic to your website.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ethan2

Ethan2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I get these information from my projects. I have finish many SEO project by just a normal link building strategy and then promote my content to social media for traffic. May be many of SEOers do not know the power of traffic

13. Keity

Keity
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's my opinion too. I use both of it. Actually SEO off page basically helps to get better ranking in Google and social media allow to drive traffic.

• Like Like x 1
  14. jawal

jawal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually SEO and SMO are inter related. If you want more business and traffic and want to improve ROI then you must do both.

15. Smith-K

Smith-K
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social Media is essential to organizations whose customers are more dialed in to social media.
    SEO is essential to organizations who are considering to increase their whole visibility over the internet and convert keywords into views, engagement or sales.

16. justin Urbas

justin Urbas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media optimization is concerned with engaging more people from various social platforms like Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, etc irrespective of any keyword rankings. On the other SEO is devoted to enhance the keyword ranking from other competitors.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Keity

Keity
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No doubt social media helps a lot. Basically SMM & SMO is called the soul for driving traffic. Whereas SEO off page helps keywords to ranking better in Google.

• Like Like x 1
  18. muqtada123

muqtada123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both gives you different credit for your efforts to promote your business online. No doubt SEO procedures takes time to appear and people get to know about you and your work in some time depends on how efficiently you use SEO but you could use social media to socialize your like minded people in a matter of time.

19. campbelljof

campbelljof
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both the term SEO and social media are incomplete without each other so both of term are necessary for any business.For a business we can not compare thee two terms with each other.

20. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

In other words, this information did not come from an authority, or someone who actually works in the SEO industry. Actually every website is different, and businesses have different levels of competition, so what works for one may not work for another. A link building strategy that is "normal" for you may not be enough for others, so making the kind of generalization you did may not be accurate. However, combining whatever link building strategy used with the proper social media promotion can help increase a website's ranking.

Social media can be used as part of off-page work as well. For example, you can write an article for a networking site, then share a link to the article on social media, where readers can then share your link with their followers, and they share with their followers, etc., helping your off-page efforts in the process. It then becomes difficult to separate SEO off page for rankings and social media for traffic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.