Do you think IQ or EQ is more important in career success?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by VnhumR, Jan 4, 2016.

1. VnhumR

VnhumR
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do think that IQ is the base for the success in career requires high accuracy and complexity like IT, scientist, accountant. But high EQ is the key in leadership. People with high EQ will be easily gain success, even in career ladder or in their own businesses.
    What do you think?

2. stevepalladous

stevepalladous
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I have to agree with Gary Vaynerchuk on this one (check out the Ask Gary Vee show on youtube, he really shares some great insight for entrepreneurs). His view is that it's not about what your strengths are (be they IQ or EQ - his is EQ) but that you focus on self-awareness and double down on those, rather than try to be good at something you're not. With that in mind, the on you're strongest in is the most important to your career success but that will be different for everyone, and that's fine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ashleye

Ashleye
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Promotional Link in Post Removed
    If you want to be a successful person in your career, to should have to develop your talent. Anyone can get good marks in the last night studies before examination but talent may be by birth or developing it through hard work and experience. Suppose if you are an IT professional you should develop your programming language skills and communication skills to with stand in the firm.

• Like Like x 1
    #3 Ashleye, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2016
  4. bjdea2

bjdea2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

These days I would have to say EQ is more important, simply because more people have access to information to learn these days. In the past knowledge was held by fewer people, these days knowledge can be obtained by anyone, the internet has changed this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. gbsnprz

gbsnprz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I strongly believe that IQ is an advantage. But it is not the major weapon to succeed. It is EQ that pushes someone to the top. I have a lot of batchmates who were the cream of the crop but were not properly placed after graduation. Your determination, your will, and your strength hoist you up.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SConsultant

SConsultant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my consulting and leadership practice EQ have always had more importance: listening and understanding others usually leads to success. The ability to evaluate situations from other standpoint(s) leads to better solutions and appraisal.
    On the other hand I think high EQ correlates above average IQ but I don't know it for sure it is just a guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. machinedock

machinedock
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both are necessary for the success, as when you reach a position of your choice you tend to get egoed by that thing which is very important to be handled very maturely

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ramona Vandusen

Ramona Vandusen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both are important in career to achieve success. EQ usually makes great leaders and team players. Or, IQ is used to establish educational skill and make out persons with off-the-chart brainpower or psychological tests.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. addisoncave

addisoncave
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both are important in our business to achieve success. IQ is needed for us as we are in IT line. A person with high EQ is successful in leadership if the person is working with any other or have its own business.