Do you think Google Adwords work?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by linerrobert, Jun 30, 2010.

1. linerrobert

linerrobert
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Many members in the forum seem to have liked Google Adwords. But, I am wondering if this tool really works. Many of them say that it brings in quality paying customers to a site. But, I do not understand how many of the net users actually check Google ads. Is this medium good for SEO? I feel that we are just paying too much for this service. I am dubious. Does this actually bring in traffic to the site? My friend had run a campaign that was really expensive. Plus, there was not a single visitor on his site. What is the use of this tool?

2. brownnataly21

brownnataly21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google Adwords is the service that helps you to choose the right keywords for the site. As for Google ads so this is Google Adsense, I can tell that the money is not big, but it's still money.

3. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually, Google Adwords never helps in SEO. It is called PPC which is known as "Pay per click" that means you need pay for getting clicks. Basically, PPC sites are considered too costly because you need to spent too much and you do not get good results after that also. It does helps in improving SERPs or getting you backlink or any way in SEO but it just get's you targeted traffic. Which is very costly.

4. Aquarezz

Aquarezz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Adwords does help when you got a good and well-structured plan. It requires a lot of planning and thinking in advance ;)

Just adding 100 keywords won't do the trick, better to use just 10 perfect keyphrases for your advertised site ;)

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

If your friend was using Google Adwords CPC they should only have paid for clicks through to the site. Hence, if they didn't get any visitors they shouldn't have had any charges. One of the great benefits of Adwords is the excellent reporting that they provide. This allows you to see what keywords and ads are actually bringing the most visitors to your site, in terms of the total number of clicks and clicks per one thousand impressions. When combined with Google analytics you can use Adwords to track which ads are bringing conversions to your site.

There are quite a few Adwords coupons about, so you could give it a try and it won't cost you anything if you can find a free coupon. The reports they provide will give you great information, which will be helpful to you, even if you decide to discontinue using Adwords.

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You're absolutely right.If the CPC on a phrase is high, but it doesn't get many clicks, any money you have to pay is wasted. Also if a phrase gets a lot of clicks, but doesn't result in conversions, you're also wasting money. By keeping track of the results your phrases are getting, and getting rid of the one's that don't get much action, and keeping or adding phrases that do, you can make sure that your ROI is as high as possible.
    Adwords does work, if you work Adwords.

7. hcted

hcted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I personally have never used Adwords, but my boss uses it for clients and they have GREAT turn around so I think it works.

8. jrp

jrp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Adwords is the mother load for revenue for Google. Yes it can be very effective for driving targeted (paid) traffic to your site... or better yet to your structured sales funnel. It's not for casually playing around with even if you have a decent budget. It takes a systematic managed approach to both manage and just as importantly split test and track your campaigns.