Do you think develop PTC site is a good online business?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by eddielkk, Sep 17, 2009.

1. eddielkk

eddielkk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As you may notices, there are many Paid to click (PTC) sites currently existed in the online market. I wonder is it a profitable online business that so many webmaster would like to make their own PTC sites?

I have an online friend that would like to offer me his PTC scripts, and i can start my own PTC sites with the scripts. Do you think is it good to start with PTC site?

2. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No, PTC site can earn good money previously but not now. People get involved in online activities more and more and they noticed that how PTC function. Therefore, all the well-know PPC advertising program such as adsense is not allow this kind of traffic. The reason is this kind of traffic consider as low quality traffic.

More and more PTC site appear day to day due to cheap PTC scripts available in the market, set up a PTC site is cheaper than set up a forum. The only way PTC site to earn good money is scam other people.

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

And it's the sad truth that we should refrain from doing.
    If your motive is this, then you are not worthy to be an online businessman.

4. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sad to said that scam other people is the fastest way to earn money, it is same as other black hat. Earn short term money and then close the site, make another new site and reply it again and again

5. eddielkk

eddielkk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are some genuine PTC sites that existed for a long time and still paying like neobux, the concepts is just making money from advertiser by selling advertising 1,000 view pack. This help advertiser to get traffic while the clickers get their money, if doing it in a correct way, both party suppose to make their money, and ptc site admin is earning by different prices of advertiser cost and member click rate. I think only those scammer that ruined this kind of business, but if do it right it should be works, don't you agree?

6. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are some genuine PTC businesses out there still, in this you are correct. But what it took to make them was definitely a nice amount of investment money. They need a good server to handle all the bandwidth, they need a very nice and UNIQUE design to their page, and on top of that they also need to be good with networking. You need to network with people in order to get the ads on a PTC, and believe me, it's not always the easiest. I, myself, was considering on opening one of these sites but in the end decided against it. This is because right now the GPT/PTC market industries really aren't doing so well. On top of that, as other have said, there are so many PTC programs out there that are scams right now that it will be hard for users to tell apart that yours is not one. It will take at least a couple of months to get everything running smoothly with it where people will actually start writing some reviews saying you pay, as long as you pay on time.

Keep in mind, not all advertisers pay up front, and you can also get scammed by them as well. You'd need to make sure you can weed through these fraudulent advertisers and pick the good ones. Not only that, but you also need to set some cash aside for the first, if not the second as well, month's of payments to your members. A lot of advertisers pay on NET30 basis, which is 30 days after the end of the month. Keep all this stuff in mind.

7. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ptc are for scammers. :D

8. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree. I was think to set up PTC previously but found some difficulty on getting advertiser. The reason is most of the advertiser prefer using PPC eventhough the cost is higher, only those online money making scam site are interested on PTC traffic. By consider my own reputation and i decise not to run PTC site.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It's a sad fact that many PTC sites are scams, however as other members have said, some of them do pay. Like in other areas of busienss, it's always a shame when scammers give the whole business model a bad reputation.

The fact that the industry has a bad reputation might actually present an opportunity for someone who is honest and is prepared to make some upfront investment in the business. PTC sites have a bad reputation and they are talked about a lot. However, this means that the ones that actually pay appear to get a lot of free and positive publicity. For example, I've seen people proclaim the fact that NewBux pays, here on BAF and on other forums.

You could try something different with the business model. For example don't pay people for referrals. If people know that you don't pay for referrals, then they will know that people who say that they have been paid are telling the truth, because they don't gain financially by promoting your site. Obviously this may result in you getting less referrals by people who are solely interested in the money. However, the extra free publicity you get might make up for it and you could spend the money you save on referral commissions in other ways. Perhaps on higher payouts or increased advertising.

If you can afford it, you might take a loss on the first ads you run, i.e. don't charge your advertisers as much as you charge your clickers. This could help you get your first clients and users and to establish your reputation.

Just a couple of ideas. Please post back and let me know what you think and to update us if you start a PTC site. I'll join and advertise, if the offer looks good.

10. Elomelo

Elomelo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my opinion, PTC is no wise marketing policy. A person who clicks on an ad on a PTC site, wants only the cent/cents he is supposed to get from that click, not to visit the site. I hardly believe an website gets genuine visitors from a PTC site. But I support this view that many people are earning a lot from PTC business.

11. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree that it is hardly to get genuine visitor from PTC.

PTC was a good earning opportunity previously but definately not now. So, i doubt that
    is true or not?

12. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you will promote your site on a PTC site, you will never ever get real visitor unless the visitor will get interested on your content. You will only get visitors because you are paying them to. What will happen if you will not pay them for their visit?

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

When you join with some PTC sites you can only click a small number of ads per day. When you click on the ad you have to stay on the site for about 30 seconds. You probably won't keep looking at the site for 30 seconds, but you will see it and if you are interested in the content you might be attracted to interact with the site in some way. I agree that it is very poor quality traffic, but it probably works for some advertisers.

14. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The problem is most of the member doing PTC by using auto click software, they dont even stay in front of computer, the traffic is not different as robot traffic