Do you thing toilet tissue advertising will work?

Discussion in 'Traditional Offline Marketing' started by Multima$tery, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Multima$tery

Multima$tery
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I read an article yesterday about a business doing toilet paper advertising. At first I thought it was a pretty original marketing strategy that could take off! But then I started thinking and the sanitary issues it could cause - like people ripping off toilet tissue coupons and taking it to restaurants and such...not sanitary at all and could spread lots of germs and cause legal issues & lawsuits! So what do you think about toilet tissue advertising? Will it take off...Or should the concept be flushed down the toilet! Article: http://boss.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/08/23/ads-coming-to-a-bathroom-stall-near-you/?_r=0

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It might not be ideal for a coupon of a restaurant but might work for other products or services. It can be used by the tissue maker itself for promoting related items. So it depends upon the kind of product it is used for.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The article linked to is not opening for me, it seems that the NY Times website has been brought down by hackers.

Advertising on toilet rolls may be a way to promote products, but I find it difficult to imagine that the coupon idea would work. It would be a little unfair to ask shop assistants to handle coupons that customers ripped off from toilet roll in a public toilet :(

4. sjzllc00

sjzllc00
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, there will have some ADS in toilet in china.
    The most is the medical advertising.
    For example, treatment of hemorrhoids's advertising.
    If someone has this illness, when he went to toilet ,he would see this AD.
    And he maybe go to that hospital .

5. Kev H

Kev H
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not sure whether it is a good idea or not - but seems like there should be a joke in there somewhere ;)

6. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is an interesting campaign, but I don't think the strategic work. Toilet via food promotion, what would you imagine:|?

7. SoftDev

SoftDev
    uix_expand uix_collapse

LOL never thought of that kind of idea before, anyway what would you think the Pizza ad on toilet tissues? :D

8. Multima$tery

Multima$tery
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dont even wanna think about that one :dunno:

9. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Toilet tissue advertising, The unusual way to promote anything. :) However, people do use it. I don't think most of the people will even check the advertisement in it.

10. GarageDoor

GarageDoor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

your campaing about the tolet issues is right but thats also depends on the human nature because thats target the how user search.

11. Elegant_Designs

Elegant_Designs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it may work depended on how the ads is been designed on the tissue paper; the good thing about tissue paper is that there maybe at least 2-3 impressions before it is been thrown away and of course less people throwing the tissue paper/ads away. I have seen restaurants giving out free tissue papers to customers to act as a reminder of their patronage and hopefully they will come back again.