Do you take time to walk and relieve stress?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by NateAnglin, Aug 14, 2013.

1. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

“Do you take time to walk?” This might be an obvious question, but it should be a big YES. Getting up and moving around can be a great strategy to combat stress.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I try to take at least a couple of minutes break from the PC every half hour. Plus I go outside for a walk on most days. Although, not very far, at the moment I walk about three Kilometres on weekdays and 6 or 7 K on one day of the weekend. Getting out for a walk in the fresh air is refreshing and relaxing.

3. pushpendra

pushpendra
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ya i take time to walk every morning six o clock and i feel relax while walking and it is good to health walking daily since morning.

4. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is not scheduled time for my walk but yes I walk daily..

5. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well said. It's something I didn't take advantage of enough in the past. It's a great way to get a creative boost and keeps us out of the funk.

• Like Like x 1
  6. deservinghost

deservinghost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sometimes I go outside for a walk.

7. Joe Dalio

Joe Dalio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If I find myself tired or stressed from working too long, the first thing I do is get up and take a walk. Even it it's only a couple of minutes, it has amazing effects. It clears my mind, provides valuable exercise, and I feel more energetic as well.

8. Pαnos

Pαnos
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am currently on vacation, but I used not to have much free time in order to walk and relieve stress. I don't think that they are very important, especially if you enjoy your job and if you are not afraid of being fired. I have met many employees and friends who need to take a break from their responsibilities daily. I don't know if this is good for them or they just want to relax.

9. spyindiaankur

spyindiaankur
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, every morning I go for a walk to breath in fresh air and refresh myself. It brings a positive attitude and happiness inside me. I feel motivated all the time. Walking always eliminates stress from inside me and makes me feel calm and happy all the day.

10. crater

crater
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes walk is very simple and does great job for me. I walk at least 2 miles every day.

11. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do walk to relieve stress. I have found walking always helpful. It makes the body fit too.

12. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I walk regularly except Sundays. Walking has many benefits like it helps you to have a healthy heart, cuts your risk of hypertension and diabetes, reduces risks and effects of cancer, rejuvenate your mind and spirit, add years to your life, improves brainpower.

13. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Walking keeps you fit and healthy. It stretches the muscles in the proper way. In comparasion to trade mill, one should prefer a natural walk, to prevent the wrong and immediate stretch of muscles. Walk maintains proper blood flow in the body, increase concentration power, releases negativity, increase energy and working ability..

14. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yea, I like walking outside better than I do on a treadmill. You get to breath the fresh air and take in the much needed Vitamin D. Read this if your never outside:

http://www.naturalnews.com/035089_vitamin_D_deficiency_signs_symptoms.html

15. Dexterbell

Dexterbell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes i really do walking 15 to 20 minutes a day because it keeps me fresh and walking is necessary activity for everybody.
    I think everybody should walk for 15 to 20 minutes a day.

16. bjdea2

bjdea2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I have found that work without proper rest is less productive anyway, sometimes its actually more productive to rest more and work less hours, especially if you're trying to design (create) something new.

17. Timsmith

Timsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do walk in the evening to freshen myself up after a hectic schedule.

18. Henry Calvin

Henry Calvin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Walking around isn't the only thing that can help you relieve stress. Its better to take out your walking shoes and leave the house and go on a long walk because a long walk is more effectibe because you get out of the house, and outside there is fresh air, so that helps even more.

19. sophia21

sophia21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

every day...because i walking 15 to 20 minutes a day because it keeps me fresh .
    If you want clean water, drinking water, you can use the health care system so you use water to Purifier.
    Clean water is essential to health. For this harmful disease that can be avoided if you use water to clean. For this you can use pure water. You can use of ro water filter faucets..

Isopure Water sells Replacement Water Filters, RO Water Filters etc. for your personal residence and commercial buildings. Find the best deals here!
    Isopure Water is dedicated to excellence for all customer satisfaction and high quality products.

20. jameshill286

jameshill286
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes i do walk but not on a fixed time........