Do you practice yoga?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Fergal, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Do you do any yoga? If so do you do it in a class or on your own? What time of day do you normally do it.

I did a little yoga in the past, I'm considering doing it again and would welcome any tips for getting started.

2. psrb4u

psrb4u
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well no doubt Yoga is very beneficial for our health. You must ensure that you are engaged in Yoga daily for a good health.

3. Angelina786

Angelina786
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do 15 min Yoga and that is to calm down my stress. I do at the end of the day before sleeping.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What type of yoga exercised do you actually do Angelina? Did you learn yoga from a class or from a book?

5. Leejeong

Leejeong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ouch Yoga? I don't do Yoga, but they say it's healthy and relaxing. I just don't want to break my nerves and make my bones split up. My friends does Yoga at a park on a class. They do it on weekends.

6. TimB

TimB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I started yoga a year back and did it for one month, the usual timing were from 6am-7am. It was tough so i quit and started running! Yoga seems pleasing as I saw on TV and movies. Actually doing it show me the real picture. Esplly for over weight people moving an inch or sitting in wierd postures is next to impossible!

Best of Luck!

• Like Like x 1
  7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not at all, i'm not good in yoga, cant really practice them due to the difficulty of the action

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm surprised to hear people say that yoga is difficult. My experience in the past was that yoga was much gentler and easier to get started with, than say running. I thought that one of the fundamental advantages of yoga was that you could do it at your own pace, without any stress or pain.

For those that found it difficult did you do a class designed for complete beginners?

9. MoneyTrack

MoneyTrack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try it out. Find a local studio and see if it helps you. I've done yoga as part of the P90X program. It was NOT relaxing while doing it, but it made me feel better after I was done. It also improved my flexibility quite a bit! If you're looking to save money gyms may offer it for free one night a week to introduce it to people. Many hospitals also offer it for free or very cheap.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Leejeong

Leejeong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No, I haven't attend the Yoga class for starters. I just joined with my friends on the the Yoga session in a park, but I find it hard and painful that's why it was my first and last. My friends got used to it and they told me it relieves their stress and make them comfortable and revived. I don't want to try that again EVER.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks everyone for your replies. I plan on starting yoga again soon. Not sure yet if I will join a class or just do it myself at home.

12. kishoreshere

kishoreshere
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not yet.But i have an interest but no time.How it is possible to all of you

13. Sprinkles

Sprinkles
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Practicing yoga is all about creating harmony between your inner soul and body. It not only creates a relaxed state of mind but it also energizes your body. One of the greatest lessons of yoga is to concentrate on your breathing patterns and poses. Its wise to always have a journal while practicing Yoga postures. Recording all your insights, thoughts and experiences is a great idea.

• Like Like x 1
  14. kylesmith025

kylesmith025
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I haven't done yoga in my entire life because I can't find someone to teach me. Does sitting with cross legs and meditating considered as Yoga?

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

If you are interested in learning kylesmith025, but haven't got someone to teach you, perhaps you should consider buying a beginners book on yoga?

16. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Yoga is most important for our health. I do yoga in the morning when i am going for walk. In the garden i have 1 group they come daily in the morning to teach us yoga. There is a one instruction who teach us. It's a totally free.. I feel so much relax, stress out. Feel so much good. In fact i would tell you every one on this forums If you have time please do yoga...

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  17. mouli

mouli
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes I do....I think it will make us to feel out of stress. I also advice guys who feel pressure to practice yoga.:)

18. Sprinkles

Sprinkles
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yoga and Religion

Yoga is quickly taking roots in the West, especially Uk and US. However, it is a fact that it is widely practiced
    in the East. People practicing Hindu and Budda religion are known to take up Yoga very serious.

This leaves me wondering is Yoga some kind of Eastern religion?

19. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I know that people of some religions such as the Hindus are very strong when it comes to yoga. However, having done a little yoga in the past, my experience was that it is mostly concerned with exercising the body with stretches and poses and relaxing the mind through meditation. From what I have seen you could do all this without any religious involvement and the yoga teachers that I have met did not preach any religious beliefs. However, I'm only talking about a small number of teachers, so I can't speak for all of them.

20. bambooh

bambooh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yeah i do yoga alone at home