Do you offer your website in other languages?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Kay, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was wondering how many of you have the option of translating your webpages on your site or offer alternative language versions. If you want to attract traffic and/or business worldwide, is it now necessary to offer that as standard or do you feel it's not for you? I'm just curious.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Not something I've ever considered Kay, maybe I should. I've always felt that Business Advice Forum is an English language site and our target market are English speakers. That approach obviously wouldn't work, if I was selling something online to an international market.

3. Lingua21

Lingua21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We have an Italian translation business and so our site is in English but we also have a sub-domain which is written in Italian.

About three quarters of our work comes in from the English pages.

At the moment I have the Google translator icon on my toolbar. It isn't brilliant and still leaves a lot to be desired but the facility has come a long way in the past year or so in terms of recognising phrases for example. If you try it out with languages such as Dutch and Danish the English produced is quite impressive.

Also, if you go to the 'Google translate site' it translates as you are typing in and offers various suggestions.

Another feature that I use quite a lot is the Google spellchecker on Google's toolbar where you can specify a language.

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I haven't really considered using it on my blog either. Like Fergal, my target audiences are English speakers.
    As much as possible, I use English that can easily be understood by many, even non-Native English speakers.

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on the market focus. If it is aiming to the worldwide, then it will be good if the website can provide multi-languages. However, not for the forum, it is very trouble

6. spinxwebdesign

spinxwebdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As per my opinion If your niche market is from different orientation, i mean from different areas of world speaking different languages and you should surely go for language translation of your websites.

7. junaid

junaid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do not offer that on my forum yet. But there are mods for forum for language translate most of them using google translator. It attracts more member to your site or forum thought/

8. Vekseid

Vekseid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a lot of Dutch and German speakers, so I've been thinking about this. Not quite large enough just yet, however.

9. mysandyda

mysandyda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that in order to be successful online and enter the international market (the web is an international market) you need to have a website in several languages. That's essential.

10. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ya ...i am seriously thinking of 3 Languages Chinese , Spanish and French for one of my upcoming project

China has too many internet user and majority of them use Chinese Only ...so we have big Market over there ....and there is good percentage of Spanish and French users also