Do you need product adaptation strategies if your offering a service?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by mohammed_sirleaf, Jan 2, 2011.

1. mohammed_sirleaf

mohammed_sirleaf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am doing a paper on starting a mail service overseas and I need to answer these questions

What are your product adaptation strategies?
    Will you use a standard product or will you be adapting/modifying your product for local country use?
    Explain your strategy and why you chose it.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our business forum mohammed_sirleaf and good luck with your paper.

Personally my businesses are website based and are focused on English speaking users. The sites are not customised for local markets and are the same regardless of which country they are accessed from. My strategy is based on the fact that the target market of English speakers, who are interested in my sites, is large enough so that I don't require customisation for smaller niche markets. Larger businesses would have greater resources than me and some of them will customise their sites for each geographic market.

You say that your paper is on "on starting a mail service overseas" which country will the service be started in?