Do you market your website business offline much?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Kay, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just wondering if most stick with online advertising and promotion or if you do anything else outwith the web. In that place where there's sunshine and fresh air. :D

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I tell people I meet, the website address and encourage them to visit as much as I can. This is actually a new habit, until recently I didn't do this nearly enough. The next step in my offline promotional efforts is to get business cards printed and after that it will be some off line PR and some promotion with posters / flyers.

What about you Kay?

3. werofqi

werofqi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

offline promotional? if my site is in india, and my work place is in american, what can i do?

4. francisjack73

francisjack73
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Internet business

Marketing your internet business is a key strategy to being a successful internet marketer. However a lot of people who are internet marketers think that they should only do online marketing this is so wrong. Sure there are billions of internet users online and you should try and target your advertising to them but you also should advertise your business offline.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Pay an individual or a business in the local market to promote the site for you - could that work for you?

6. johnsonavilla

johnsonavilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Offline promotion or advertising outside the computer world is also a part of product coaching, since i am article and magazine advertiser i use many times the offline than the online marketing, the NICHE and product will do depend on what you need to use, you must think universally and twice the revenue's result before do the action. if you need some help try to ask.

7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on the market being focus
    If you are focus on local market, then off-line marketing is necessary
    magazine, flyer, newspaper are all effective way

8. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you have your customers around you or if you have access to them occasionally then you must certainly try to introduce them your website. One easy way is to include your website address over your business/visiting card.

9. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

10. koreannie

koreannie
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

how can i make a offline promotion?my website need promotion but i am curious about the offline promotion

11. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do more offline than I do online actually this time of year because I'm out and about in the nice weather. Living in a small rural community has its perks because word gets around about who you need to see if you want something done. We just built a site for a local motel recently and that was through a guy my husband knew via work. So when the chance arises, and I'm in a local store chatting with the staff and (because they all like to chat around here and take life slow :)) if I can work it into the conversation naturally, I ask them if they have a website. Often they'll say it's on the to-do list, which gives me a chance to hand over a card for when they're ready.

One thing I've learned about country living is that business is done at a very low key and casual pace on the buyer side. No-one's in a hurry. Slow and steady wins the race. :)

12. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Now that is a very good idea! Bumper stickers aren't that expensive too. And I love the MySpace and Facebook profile Halloween costumes! You get to have fun while promoting yourself too. Brilliant. :)

On the suggestion about asking a celebrity to follow you on Twitter via a billboard: out of most of our price ranges I imagine but it would be very cool if it worked. Tom Cruise did a twist on that back in September when he promised to follow everyone that Tweeted #ICanChangeTheWorld. I thought that was very clever. :)

13. haiwin

haiwin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

offline is important alternative promotion method if your business focus on local

14. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think if your business is focused locally you need to spend much more time promoting your business out there in the community than you do online. If you can knock on doors, you definitely should be out there doing it and not at your desk. Having local clients is very useful because they'll spread the word about your business for you, assuming you do a good job for them.

15. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I attend business breakfasts in different parts of the UK 2 or 3 times a week. I've used flyers in the past and had some success. I'm in the process of writing some letters to specific targets. I'm also at a couple of exhibitions next month where I shall be giving out free advice to anyone who wants to visit my table.

I also sponsor an award at a University and will presenting it at the end of next month to the student who came top of her class, this leads to me guest lecturing from time to time and keynote speaking at a couple of events. Just working on some press releases for these which should hopefully generate some interest.

16. prjoeseo

prjoeseo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agree.. I don't have local targeted customers, so I don't do offline promotion.

17. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I talk about what I do offline, yes, but not all that much. What I do is rather niche like, so in the grand picture if someone is looking for someone to do what I do, they usually find me. :)

I do have my company name, email and URL on the business card, most online communication is done via email.

18. SMSmarketing

SMSmarketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you have a market in your area then you should definitely do offline marketing. The best thing about offline marketing is talking with people and seeing where they have questions or concerns about your product or service. This information could make a huge difference in the effectiveness of your online campaigns.