Do you get up at the same time every morning?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Fergal, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Our bodies develop a routine and it is easier to get up early in the morning if that's what we are used to. I try to get up at the same time every morning, but sometimes late nights and weekends put me out of synch. I heard one speaker say that he gets up at the same time every single day including weekends, regardless of how late he was up the night before. His view was that this kept his routine and made it easier to get up and be productive.

What about you, do you get up at the same time every day?

2. Sprinkles

Sprinkles
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To me, a broken morning routine is a sure signals for a stressful day. The only way to manage the stress that comes with the morning routine is to stick to my fixed getting up routine. I usually select an alarm tone that is less obnoxious but still wakes me up at the same time every morning.

3. Leejeong

Leejeong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I usually does wake up at the same time, almost. Some times three minutes earlier and ten minutes late. I wake up within 5AM - 5:10AM daily.

4. kylesmith025

kylesmith025
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is really possible especially if you have tons of work that you like. I have been like that for 3 years till now. My body wakes up every 4am and not even timid to wake up. If you want to try it, do set an alarm clock on what time you want to wake up for a week then after that week unset the alarm and you would notice it. put also some inspiration why you need to wake up early.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for your replies, sounds like you have no problems with getting up early seven mornings per week. Personally I find it hard to get up most mornings, but especially on weekends or if I've had a late night the night before.

At the moment I get up at just after 7 am every morning. However, I get up earlier in the spring and summer, when the mornings are brighter.

6. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Mostly Yes. Only Sunday i don't get up early... Re meaning all 6 day, Yes....

Thanks..

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Does that impact on your rhythm at all, e.g. when you stay in bed later on a Sunday, do you find it more difficult to sleep that night or to get up on Monday morning?

8. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The time of our sleep actually depends not only on how we set our body clock but also as we change. Normally, older people tend to have shorter sleep than younger ones. That's one of the reasons why my grand ma sleeps late yet wakes up early.

9. agentmanningctu

agentmanningctu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I generally get up around nine every day now that I'm done with school. I should be getting more sleep, but it just never works out.

10. Sprinkles

Sprinkles
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Am getting awesome insights here about sleep. The fact of the matter is, we must get enough sleep and develop a tradition of waking up at a specific time every other day.