Do you find the iPad useful?

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by RestOwner, May 19, 2010.

1. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

anybody here have an iPad? I hear many people saying it's like carrying around a big iPhone.

2. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's exactly like carrying around a big iPhone. I like it though because the screen is bigger but it's basically an iPhone.

3. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ipad is a big iphone...lol
    ipad is better when you use it on playing game or browsing the website but not for calling or answering phone

4. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is more similar to Big iPod touch rather than big iPhone. :D

iPad is useful for presentation, movie, web browsing, game and GPS. Beside that, it is process much more faster and battery last long (10 hours playback).
    It is not handy for call and camera usage.

5. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i save .mov tutorials in my ipad and i carry it whenever i travel. very useful when you get to read things online or check adsense while youre on the move.

6. MrPolarZero

MrPolarZero
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't find it useful at all. I have my iphone and MacBook to offer me everything.

7. Clarisse

Clarisse
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some businesses have jumped on the iPad wagon and are finding creative ways to use the iPad. For example, the Global Mundo Tapas restaurant in Sydney, Australia uses the iPad as an interactive menu. A luxury sedan by Hyundai comes with an iPad instead of a user manual. Other than these extreme cases, how can an iPad be used to increase productivity or convenience by the average business owner?

8. luch

luch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think an Ipad would be really useful for professionals on the go. Say, lawyers, Interior designers, architect, executives that are mobile all time, etc. It would be really convenient for them to conduct presentations without having to carry around a laptop or having to go back to the office just to make revisions and all. Im sure there are other useful ways out there, but these are the ones i see people could profit from.

9. td2011

td2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Definitely a useful piece of apple product though I can't use it for anything other than browsing the internet i find it too difficult to type on the touch screen.

10. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah iPad is more for playing, watching movies, surfing the net as the screen is bigger. Even my school VP is using iPad to do presentation during assembly.

11. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You will found that ipad is good in typing if you are using iphone online most of the time
    it is much better than iphone in typing :p

12. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do like this idea, very innovative. Personally having used a Macbook and an iPad 2 I prefer my Macbook. My girlfriend has an iPad 2 I bought for her and she loves it, but although I don't mind the touch screen on my HTC I do feel that sometimes I need to press keys instead of a screen.

13. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with you, the ipad is good when i was travelling, my Mac is too heavy (im using Macbook Pro 17-inch which is 2.54kg :( )

14. Clarisse

Clarisse
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's true a laptop can go on a flight with you, but even the smaller netbooks and laptops add to the weight of your carry on bags and can be frustrating when in the small seats of the plane. If you're sitting in coach, you know every time the person next to you has to get up to use the bathroom you're trying to balance the laptop and whatever else you happened to have out in your hands with turbulence knocking you around the aisle. The iPad could be slid into the pocket of the seat in front of you if you have to get out of the way for the passenger next to you - it's about the size of a magazine.The same holds true on trains, in taxi cabs, or as a passenger in someone else's car. Just don't try to use your iPad while driving, yourself.

15. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes Ipad is like a big phone and also like a portable computer.

16. Matt Damon

Matt Damon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's exactly like having around a big iPhone. I like it though because the display is greater but it's generally an iPhone.

17. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

An iphone has all the features of an ipad and it is definitely like carrying an enlarged version of iphone. The main aim of an ipad is to provide an alternate to carrying a laptop, but with all the features of an iphone it simply lost the motive and is now resembled to an extra large version of an iphone.

18. nagavenkata

nagavenkata
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't have iPad.

19. kristenhanna

kristenhanna
    uix_expand uix_collapse

iPad is really useful. And people are finding it convenient and easier to use iPhone rather than carrying a laptop and using the PC. There are many number of peopel are still purchaisng the iPad.

20. dgeneschi

dgeneschi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My primary use for it has been reading in bed (web content and ebooks). The iPhone can do the same but the experience isn't really comparable. For me, the iPad isn't really an essential/critical device, but I use it enough that I would buy it again.