Do you find CSS coding difficult?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Grumpy, May 16, 2011.

1. Grumpy

Grumpy
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Well as we all know there are many different types of coding languages out there, but my question to you is, do you know CSS? If so, did you you find it very hard to learn? Did you get very easily frustrated with it when you couldn't do it properly at first?

Share your thoughts about it, because personally, I think CSS is one of the hardest coding languages to learn.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I've got some knowledge iof CSS but I didn't put it into practice enough to develop it into any kind of expertise. For anyone who is interested in learning HTML and CSS I'd strongly recommend "Build Your Own Web Site the Right Way Using HTML and CSS" by Ian Lloyd. It's an extremely practical and user-friendly book that even the complete beginner can quickly learn from.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Casey

Casey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Grumpy, I wouldn't go that far in calling CSS a coding language. It is really simple once you get the basics, and it is pretty much self-explanatory. Say you have in the html: <div class='main'> Hello </div> and then in the css file you have div.main { background-color:#FFF; } Isn't that clear and obvious you'll have a div with white background? (Assuming you have some html knowledge)