Do You Do "FORUM" MARKETING?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by journeyoflife7, Apr 18, 2011.

1. journeyoflife7

journeyoflife7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey everybody,

I have heard there are some online marketers that use forums

as a sole method of getting traffic to their website. I would like to know, ARE

YOU ONE OF THEM? I would like to know because knowledge of others'

personal experiences will benefit all of us here. It would benefit us all. If you

are, then please share

your experiences!

2. navast

navast
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can spend money to do a bit of advertising in forum.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I only post on forums because I enjoy them or because I want to learn something from the other members of the forum. In other words, I don't post with the intention of promoting my sites. However, when I do join a forum I always include links to my sites in my forum signature and this does help to promote them. Many forum members like to support their fellow members and have a natural curiosity regarding their sites. This results in them clicking signature links and exploring their sites.

4. jakson0100

jakson0100
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes,I do. But the result will be much better if you do it in the related forum.Because it is easier to get a targeted traffic in a related forum.

5. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I agree with jakson0100,you will get more benefits in forum marketing.But some people do this as to learn something.

6. whaturmuva

whaturmuva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I tend to join all sites of the same niche and post new threads (I have a nice roll of threads that I like to pass around) and include my signature links using the proper anchor text. It has always worked for me.

7. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To get more traffic from the forum you need to start interesting threads. Include your keywords in the post and in the tags of thread. Use the capital letters while using the keyword in the thread title. Place your link in the thread and forum. But keep in mind that the thread should be interesting and makes the thread reader to reply or post his response.

8. flintheart

flintheart
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like forums because they are a nice place to discuss and share knowledge. I register on forums as I enjoy them. But if you are getting back link from them as signatures that there is no harm. But if you are doing forum posting for generating traffic then you should go for relevant forum as you get traffic to your site from them. Promoting car accessories website on finance related forum will not give you any traffic as people there are not interested in it.

9. Yanni

Yanni
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need to spread your eggs amount many baskets. If done correctly though, you may see significant results from the right targeted forums.

10. Nill Smith

Nill Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I am doing forum marketing in few forums which allows to promote us in Market Place area..

11. Shower2011

Shower2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to promote our website on forum ,but I do not know how to begin ?

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Shower2011 have you tried making helpful informative posts on related forums, whilst including details of your business or website in your forum signature?

13. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

basically they are two type of people
    The first type is making informative post, quality post to help the member. When the member found that the poster are providing very good information and able to help him/her, s/he will like to visit the poster website to know more.
    The second type is spammer, they spamming at millions forum to get visitor, they are making some fake story to get visitor

• Like Like x 1
  14. erickate

erickate
    uix_expand uix_collapse

forum marketing mostly is consider as spam, so no am not doing forums

15. Charles-John

Charles-John
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Involve in forum discussions only if you are interested in making conversations, not links. If you can help others in forums, when they are in need of a similar service you provide most likely they will consult you. That is the advantage of forum marketing.

16. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I agree with that 100% Charles-John, members who join forums just to post their link generally make useless spammy posts. These posts don't help anyone. They reflect badly on the business or website being promoted and can hence do more harm than good. Plus, if the forum is an active one with good standards, the posts will quickly be removed and the member banned.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jack_123

Jack_123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Forum Marketing is a very good method if you know how to converse with forum people, let them speak their demands and getting a specific target area focused you may try to start having conversation relating to solutions as per their demands...after this the people who have their demands will automatically come and find you rather you advertising yourself. IT is LONG but a Strong procedure with sincere and consistent efforts.....

18. Henry_Jakson

Henry_Jakson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Forums are a great way to supplement your traffic by making a name for yourself (and your brand) within your niche, by posting to forums within your industry and proving yourself as someone who knows their stuff. However, I'd be hard-pressed to find someone who can rely entirely on them. I agree, one can get more and more traffic to the site through forum postings and also it will help in getting backlinks for your site.

19. SteveShing

SteveShing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everyone, I am also doing forum marketing but i learned a lot and in my experience when i was needed of anything i found on forum. the second things i loved to answers of every questions of my related field.

20. sangeeth101

sangeeth101
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I do forum posting because I enjoy it. Yes you can get traffic to your site ,but you have to go for the threads which you can speak or contribute others. Because If sites find out that your idea is to get only links to your site they might ban you. And always try to provide quality content, only this can boost your site.