Do you Buy webhosting from a reseller

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by realitybites.in, Aug 26, 2009.

1. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am asking think question because
    to become a reseller web hosting company it just you need around $50 to $200 per year with unlimited web space and bandwidth ...you can sell unlimited web hosting account with unlimited web space and bandwidth

My main question ....buying web hosting from reseller is this not risky
    as there around 9000+ web hosting company (reseller hosting are included ) ...defenetly there will lot of competition .... getting success in this competition for reseller will be very difficult .... one or other day they shut down there reseller web hosting
    if they shut down there we have to change our web hosting to another company

and another point is that for just $50 to $ 200 you are getting unlimited web hosting ....don't you think the server will be overloaded
    ( you many be think they will using many services .... i myself did some search ...what i found out was many hosting company who provide unlimited reseller plan hardly own 1 or 2 servers )

there are few hosting company offering reseller plan but they are limited and they are quite expensive also they charge from $20+ p/m for for very limited space

2. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As I am already doing my job in a Web Hosting company I can answer this question.
    Yes, you can start your own Hosting Business as it is very easy.
    No it is not a risky thing as many of web host today provides Branded Name Server, with it your client doesn't knows that you do not have your own servers. If you are choosing a Reseller Web Host then please see the following things.

1. His Reviews In Search Engines and Forums.
    2. Check that compnay is valid and it has a mail address.
    3. Try to call them to verify they really exists.
    4. Try to take a test for 7 Days, so you can check that host is overselling or not and other things.
    I think many of them who sells reseller at low cost they are over seller. You can check by taking a test for 7 days.
    I think one or two server is more then enough in starting, I think a server costs $287/Month (That is our companies rate, It is with HostGator)

They companies charge of there names, but they are realiable I think.

So which companies do you suggest?

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Very many hosting companies advertise unlimited space and bandwidth. But the reality is that everything has limits. If it was really unlimited Google could host their site on one of these hosting plans. But obviously that wouldn't work because the hosting plan would not have the capacity to handle Google's vast bandwidth and disk space requirements.

How can you tell if your hosting company is a reseller or a host that has their own servers?

4. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

By pinging that site's IP, Here I have an example of one of our server -

Our IP is 74.55.157.130
    This link tell about data center info of the IP but you can see at above beside IP it is written domain name (In our that is Gr8hostings.com) that means that domain is the main domain of the server. - http://who.is/whois-ip/ip-address/74.55.157.130/

Ping results can also tell us - http://who.is/tools/ping/gr8ecom.com/
    You will see this:
    It shows this standard.gr8hostings.com (74.55.157.130) means standard is server name. gr8hostings.com is the main domain of the server and 74.55.157.130 is main IP of the server.

I think that's it, you will know with it, that who own's server and who doesn't.

Thanks

5. chrisdina

chrisdina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sahil, you're very very skilled

6. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks. I know many things about hosting and its business, if anyone wants guide just PM me.