Do you buy computers online or from your local shop?

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by healingforce, Jun 30, 2015.

1. healingforce

healingforce
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you buy computers online or from your local shop? Personally I used to buy them from my local shop here where I live but the prices since a couple of years had grown pretty fast so I started to buy computer components and stuff from internet from sites like amazon and I've been really statisfied by the results. What about you?

2. Elysium

Elysium
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Moderation Monkey

I hate buying computers from shops unless it's Best Buy or some other company that actually sells NEW computers and computers that are not the merchandise and a demo product. I'd personally like to buy computers from Best Buy mainly, or repair parts from Amazon.

3. abhi_garg

abhi_garg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Buy Online & offline both have double work for a customer. Where to buy offline or online but I prefer to buy offline because you can check our every single product & you can't do it offline.

4. tsubibo

tsubibo
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I prefer to buy it on my local shop. I don't like buying things online. I feel safe that I know were to return the product if I am not satisfied with it.

5. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've done both, and I've never had a problem with either. When I've bought in person, I've bought new, so there are less problems, because I've bought from reputable stores like Best Buy and Frys, and the Sprint store for my cell phones. When I've purchased online, I've also purchased from reputable sources, but sometimes they're sites like Best Buy, Amazon, Overstock, or used products from sellers I trust on eBay.

6. chad23

chad23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I bought all my laptops online. Only thing that matters is site reputation. And reviews on that speicific model is also important.

7. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have never bought a laptop online. The reason being that you don't get the see what it really looks like. It's so hard shopping online that I would hate to buy an electronic online. When you're in the store you can test out the laptop that you want, which is great. Most of the time that is how you are able to decide the kind of laptop that you want. It's hard to just look at the specs online and then think 'yes this is the one that I want.' I've never been able to do that, which is why I just go into the store. I don't want to take the chance that I might hate the laptop I chose.

8. bjdea2

bjdea2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think for expensive stuff, buy at the shop. Especially for the more delicate things that could get damaged in the post (in transit). I always buy the larger mechanical hard drives at the shop. But all the smaller stuff, I buy online.

9. m0n2k

m0n2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Amazon is a really good place to buy computers and components. I buy most of my electronics and components from amazon. Buying things online tend to come out cheaper anyway. I think shops may cost more because they have to make up for shipping cost. I would rather buy computers and components online.

10. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have never purchased any kind of gadget or a computer online before. I still prefer going to the local shop and seeing/trying them personally. The thing about buying stuffs via the internet is you wouldn't know if the item that was shipped to you is defected or not.

11. srock

srock
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I ordered my most recent laptop from a specialty store which offered an unlimited 3-year warranty (including accidents) for the price of a limited 2-year warranty by the manufacturer. Always better to go with a store that will take care of you!

12. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I tend to visit the stores to see which items I like the look of then look for them online in the hope of getting a better deal. As long as the website is reputable and secure then you can't really go wrong.

13. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

With computers and other electronic devices, we never buy it from online shops. We only canvass the prices online before going personally to the shop. The guarantee is very important to us since we have already experienced buying a lemon that took more than 2 weeks for the dealer's tech to repair. What if we had bought that computer from an online shop, how long would it take for the computer to be repaired?

14. Doc Moose

Doc Moose
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have no problem buying stuff online. I agree the price difference is substantial even taking into account the shipping cost. All it takes is a good amount of trust to the seller. I bought a digital camera on eBay and I trust her based on her feedback. I took the leap of faith because hers was much cheaper than what it was sold in the local shop for the same brand and model. The item arrived within a couple of days and it turned out that she had also a shop in her area as depicted on the invoice. I never regretted my purchase.

15. vishalesskay

vishalesskay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i like to buy computer or laptops from shop only not from any website.... i didn't trust electric items on website.

16. Robert01

Robert01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I choose local shop to buy computers. Cause I think local shop would offer me more detail of their product. Basically it is the main reason behind it.

17. SF Best Limousine

SF Best Limousine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I shop online but when it comes to computers or laptop I want to see the item personally before I buy it.. I don't want to mess up in buying valuable stuff so I would rather go local shop.

18. Joshua Farrell

Joshua Farrell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When it comes to premade computers, and computers I know I can buy that are quality, I prefer to go to one of the computer stores in town to get a computer. If I needed something specific, I might go online and order one.

19. spyindiaanu

spyindiaanu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I prefer to buy the system on local shops where i checked each part and seen everything which i am not able to do while purchasing it online. Yes, so i suggest you to buy your computer on nearby local shop it good and easily you able to replace any part if it does not working.

20. Winterybella

Winterybella
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guess I am happy with either. I am thinking I am going to be needing a laptop pretty soon and the first place I will check is online. Once my need becomes more urgent I will compare prices at home to see what will work better for me. There are times when the extra dollars at a local outlet might be better than the hassle of shipping but there are others times when the prices are so ridiculous locally, you are better off shopping online.
    Online computers come with guarantees as well and if you travel often there is no problem there.