Do yahoo/bing is the good alternative of Google Ad sense?

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by financepitch, Aug 10, 2013.

1. financepitch

financepitch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just got the yahoo/bing ad sense approval for my site. This is controlled by a different platform media.net. It's seems good to be a potential earning source. Let’s see what happens next.

And if anyone have any experience with yahoo/bing ad sense then please share.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I've used media.net to publish Yahoo ads and was extremely disappointed with them. The returns I made from them were much lower than I made from Google Adsense in the same ad slot. Personally I would not recommend them, you would probably get a better return if you sold the ads yourself or if you used Adsense. However, all that is based on my experience of them, they may work better on your site and it is a good idea to experiment with different revenue sources.

You might want to note that they (media.net) have a minimum payout of $100, so if your total ad revenue doesn't get to $100 you won't receive any payment.

If by chance you are looking for alternatives you can view a list of Ad Networks in our Useful Online Business Resources thread.

3. Martin Willard

Martin Willard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah check out the thread fergal linked to for sure! Yahoo ads do seem to pay a lot less than others. I'd check out things like infolinks and buysellads first.

4. Multima$tery

Multima$tery
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Also be advised that they use a 2-layer ad process with most of their ads - which is probably the reason for lower clickthru rate.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What do you mean by a "2-layer ad process"?

6. Multima$tery

Multima$tery
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Meaning that the visitor clicks the ad (you don't get paid here), and then it takes them to a full page of relevant ads that the visitor will select to click (this is when you get paid). A very small few are 1-layer, but the majority are 2-layer as described above.

• Like Like x 1
  7. financepitch

financepitch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fergal, your advised thread is very useful. Thanks again for share your experience and advice.

8. SoftDev

SoftDev
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Honestly there is no any alternative to Google Adsense in click rates, but you can try some ways to rotate the ads on refresh with some affiliate product ads.

#8 SoftDev, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  9. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't see Yahoo / Bing Ads used as much as Google Adsense have been. I don't think they can be the alternative.

10. crater

crater
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When it comes to PPC networks the very best is Adsense. But if for some reason you dont have AdSense account then Media.net(Yahoo/Bing) is probably the best alternative.