Do video submissions help to increase traffic and ranking?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by Christi Smith, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Christi Smith

Christi Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Friends,

I am planning to do Video Submission, but I don't know how effective it is? Does it help to increase the ranking and traffic of the website?

Apart from YouTube and Dailymotion, which are the best sources for video promotion?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Video Submission, as part of an overall marketing strategy, can help increase traffic and ranking. However, remember that the primary purpose of the videos, like articles and blog posts, should be to educate and inform. We use both YouTube and DailyMotion for our clients. There are other video sharing websites(Metacafe is one), but remember that anything done with the intent to manipulate the rankings could hurt more than help, so don't create videos and upload them to a bunch of websites in an attempt to increase your rankings.

3. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, video submission is certainly helpful and can bring pretty good traffic to your website. There are dozens of websites other than youtube and dailymotion where you can upload your video. Here are some, you may try.

vimeo.com
    metacafe.com
    dropshots.com
    sharevideosonline.net
    teachertube.com
    dotsub.com
    tinypic.com
    ebaumsworld.com

4. Rob Schneider

Rob Schneider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It does help a lot and help introduce your brand to the viewers. Vimeo is also a good platform for video marketing and i would also suggest that you advertise your video on twitter as well as that will give you a good response.

5. Christi Smith

Christi Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your suggestions. But I was thinking to promote my products through Video, how I can make those videos informative? I can just add content on materials used to make it and use of it. Because I want users to visit my website after watching my video so I can't share every details in the video itself. It would be really great if you can help me out with some suggestion and correct me if my thinking wrong.

#5 Christi Smith, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2017
  6. Mia Edwards

Mia Edwards
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Video marketing is the next generation of marketing, of course it will help you to get better ranking because video is something that elaborate your product and services in a better way

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

What you present in the videos depends on the nature of the product itself, and you have to make sure you are not too "salesy". You don't want the video to sell the product, that's what the website is for. As far as the "materials used to make it", you also don't want to be making a commercial, you want to educate and inform. For example, if your product can be used to bake a cake, you can show how to use the product to do it. But, if your product is a cake, you can't tell viewers about the high quality of the ingredients(the "materials used to make it"), but you can do a video on the different occasions you can celebrate with a cake, or different types of cakes and where they come from.
    Doing a video on what a product is used for is a good idea, as long as the main emphasis is on the activity, not the product. Since you want users to go to the website after viewing the video, add the URL at the end.

8. Smith-K

Smith-K
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I suppose you should first create an intro video based around your niche channel and then create information style videos. You can always have your links placed in the description box of your video. Also, no point in submitting your videos to video sites as it won't make any difference in terms of traffic. Your focus should be on optimizing as much as you can and see to it that the product description is atleast 300 words so you can cover a lot of product keywords that you want to target.

9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I agree with the 300 words of content, but not the reason for it. The purpose of the video is to inform and/or educate, not to use "a lot of product keywords". The video should concentrate on a single subject, and use related keywords where appropriate, but keyword "stuffing" has not been acceptable for some time - even a novice knows that.

10. Smith-K

Smith-K
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I did not meant to say keyword stuffing, what I basically meant is if he could sprinkle some LSI keywords that would definitely help. The reason I said 300 words content in the description is because he can use a lot of surrounding keywords in his content so that his video can rank for multiple keywords.

11. Missy Roberts

Missy Roberts
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Video Submission is one of the most effective way to increase Google Page Rank in SERP. Because of the rapid growth of videos, most of the advertiser starts promoting their brand using videos. This gives a huge rise in the video advertising.

12. f_rebolledo

f_rebolledo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want to promote your product, just talk about the "pain" you're solving for your clients and the features it has to do it. With pain i mean the need you are attacking. Other important things is to invest in a good edit (maybe pay someone who knows to film and edit), other way, it could make the viewers think bad of what you are giving and don't trust your product.

13. MargoKlein

MargoKlein
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Video content improves your visibility on several fronts.
    • In the current Google algorithms, video gets bonus points improving your page ranking.
    • Visitors tend to prefer watching a video to reading.
    • Quality videos can bring in new customers who may pass over a traditional online ad. (I feel weird saying "traditional online", how far we have come.)
    • Videos that inform while showcasing a product/service are preferred because visitors want something for their time. (The "what's in it for me" angle.)
    In terms of selling and informing -- think of ways to relate, and if appropriate demonstrate, your product or service to your video subject. View some DIY videos, they are typically good at showcasing a product (like Delta faucets) or a service (your local plumber) while showing you how to fix a leaky faucet or something like that. Add videos to your website, to YouTube, send links in your email marketing campaigns. All of these can increase your company's visibility and online traffic.

14. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

No it doesn't

15. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Having quality video(s) on your web page means that visitors will stay on the page longer to watch the video, which helps decrease your bounce rate. The video itself also counts as content, and quality content is what Google is looking for. Although it may not be called "bonus points", adding video to a page can help SEO.

16. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

It can but it mostly doesn't.

The length of time someone stays on page is a very weak ranking signal (because it's so easily manipulated). The video itself isn't indexable so it 'content value is minimal. Consider also the hundreds of hours of video being uploaded every minute, there are thousands of people all promoting like billyo and getting nowhere. Because there are thousands of people all doing the same.