Do shared hosting plans give you limited access.

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by manishsqrt, Nov 18, 2015.

1. manishsqrt

manishsqrt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a confusion, i purchased shared hosting plan first from webiq, in that plan i was told that i wold be allowed a maximum memory space of 500 mb and bandwidth transfer of 2 gb per month, i checked the size of my webpage and it told me that the average size of all my pages is around 50 kb, when i calculated i got that i may be allowed somewhere between 35-45 k impression overall in a month. I don't need much webspace for my app so that is not a concern at all. Just last month in order to test on other server i moved to godaddy plan that promised unlimited bandwidth to me. On the first few days my traffic become almost triple suddenly. But after 5-10 days it felled back to the same number of impressions as i was getting before. Now i have a doubt do webservers really block traffic on daily basis, what i mean that if i am supposed to use 2 gb in a month did my previous server has some hidden policy of not allowing more than 50-60 mb in a day. I got this doubt when i saw vps hosting plans of godaddy, their they were selling 500 gb bandwidth for some 20 dollar a month, so how can they say unlimited for an amount less than that. Is there some secret? I am asking this question because i want to know at what point of time should you try to go for dedicated servers from shared hosting service. Please also tell me should i go to vps or dedicated servers when i am gettin some 1000-1500 impressions in a day.

2. Elizabeth Anderson

Elizabeth Anderson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, you are right. With Shared Hosting plans you get everything in limited form including resources, bandwidth, storage space etc. since everything is shared. If your website is getting high traffic, it is obvious that you will require more storage space, resources as well as bandwidth and other essentials. And this is the time when you will need to move to dedicated or vps hosting.

3. Ramiro

Ramiro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Shared hosting is good for having a deal with.
    And any websites can be hosted on them.