Do search engines count forum links?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by pandaa, Sep 2, 2012.

1. pandaa

pandaa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've never came to a consensus on this, but do forum links count towards getting a beneficial backlink and helping out your SERP? Or is it just certain ones, excluding profile links, for example?

Thanks for clearing this up for me,
    Justin

2. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If I remember right it does actually help quite a bit. I may be wrong, so if I am if someone could correct me I would really appreciate it. Because I know a link in a signature is a back-link.

3. Jay

Jay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They defiantly do! Ultimately a forum is a type of website such as is a social network, search engine, blog, etc. The more known the forum your posting a link on, the better chance your link will be recognized as a backlink. :)

4. Nill Smith

Nill Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes it is. Search engines count count forum back-links. Search engine gives different value to different types of websites. Mean if you are generating back-links for your website by using various techniques like article submission, forums, blog posting, guest blogging, social bookmarking, classifieds..etc.

5. zatun07

zatun07
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ya you can get beneficially backlinks from forum posting

6. borgninestallone

borgninestallone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Backlink from forum, helps in ranking a site for the specified keywords that are placed in the forum signature section. But if you participate in relevant forum, that related to your business you site will be much more benefited. Forum participation is the best in SEO which helps in indexing the site as quick as possible.

7. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes it does count. But you do not have to rely on it and spam over forums to get links. I would reiterate it again from old discussions that forum links are more like a benefit - and what's important is you build your profile and reputation on forums. I can proudly say that I enjoy some privileges I have here on BAF as a result of building my profile reputation, credibility and somehow trust (that's why they gave me and some mods the chance to become a mod). That would be the same with other members too. When you build a positive foundation, you reap a good result.

So again, DO NOT WORRY MUCH ABOUT FORUM LINKS - rather worry on how will you build your expert persona online.

• Like Like x 2
  8. albert george

albert george
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes Definitely it will help.If you got signature via administrator then definitely it helps lot.So please take care while doing forum discussion.

9. ssstylish

ssstylish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Search engines really count forum links. Just use inarchor: command and test it in Google, you will find the answer.

10. Jason520

Jason520
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It does help.
    Some forums provide the opportunity for the users.

11. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Forum links is not very effective to boost up SERP. Because links are equal important;:

1. Links at higher position are more value than links at lower position, that is why footer link are devalue.
    2. Repeat linking from same domain is less value. e.g. signature link visible all the post,
    3. Linking in post has more value, as it generate more traffic than signature link.

Links similarity, all search engine relied on link to crawl a site. Links are potential for referral traffic.

12. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Mark T said it perfectly.

To add: Do not try to find linking techniques that easy and abundant. You could trigger a penalty from the search engine. Anything that is easy to do is either going to be devalued or could count against your link profile.

So do what Mark T says. Improve your credibility and authority. Do this by focusing foremost on creating quality content and pleasing human visitors.

13. synconlinemedia

synconlinemedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All links count to some extent. If you look at how much weight typical forum links provide in algorithmic decision making its probably under 1%.

14. chipper

chipper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the links help but not a lot.

what actually helps a lot is the amount of people that clicks on your link

15. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I agree with Patrick0001 and would add one more reason why links from a forum are not very effective. Google divides a page's PageRank between all of the links on a page, regardless of whether they are internal or external, follow or nofollow. Most pages on a forum, even a fairly popular and trusted forum, have very low PageRank. Now add the fact that when you consider navigational links, signature links and any links within a post, there are often hundreds of links. A post on this forum has 9 links even with no signature links or links in the post. There are about 40 links in the header and footer even if you don't count the dropdown menus; those add at least a dozen more.

So you are taking a page with generally very little Page Rank and then spreading the "juice" among 100-200 links. That's not much juice for any one link.

16. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes search engines count forums backlinks but not give too much worth nowadays forums are the good way to get traffic and get popular site as well a place to get help.