Do Ranking Keywords Brings Clients?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by borgninestallone, Feb 18, 2013.

1. borgninestallone

borgninestallone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I am ranking main keywords for one of my client site in top of the search engines. All keywords are highly competitive. I have analyzed in google adwords keyword tool. My question is if i rank in top 10 in search engines like Google, will i get more leads or more clients.?

What could be the lead i may achieve if my site rankings in top 3 or top 5 or in top 10 position. Does it results in high revenue to my client site.?

2. BacklinksInc

BacklinksInc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some of the best leads are from ranking for your keywords. Also clients are prone to think you can rank them if they see you ranking well.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

It depends on what you mean by "highly competitive". Are there a lot of companies listed for your keywords, or do they get a lot of traffic. The best place to be for any keyword is on page one, and the best place on page one to be is in the top five, with the number one position getting visited by the most searchers.

No one can tell you exactly how many leads you will get from a particular keyword or position in the SERPs. Keywords that get more conversions will most likely get more leads than those that don't convert as well. Whether or not a particular keyword or position in the SERPs will result in high revenue is not up to you, it is up to the client. You can get your client ranked for high-converting keywords, but whether or not a visitor buys from your client depends on their experience on the website and/or with the client. If they have a bad experience with the website or the client, it doesn't matter where the website is ranked, the visitor probably will not become a buyer. If the website is well-designed and easily navigable, and the visitor is treated fairly by the client, they are more likely to buy.

4. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When you have good rankings for search engines you will naturally get better amount of traffic. And there are higher chances of you getting more leads compared to not rankings at all in SERPs.

That said, it is not easy to predict the amount of leads one could get out of the traffic. But when you have visitors who are interested then you can surly convert them by giving good offers and that would give you higher revenue.

You contradict yourself when you say its not up to the business owner but the visitor to buy. When one visits the website and it depends upon the site experience he gets that he will decide to buy then it is the responsibility of the site owner to make sure that the site is up to date and has all the necessary things that a prospect might need to clear his doubts and make the purchase decision.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Actually, no I don't. Read my post again. I said

You said

You notice I did not say who should make the website "well designed and easily navigable". If the site owner has the necessary skills, s/he can do it, if not s/he can hire someone to do it, and remain in communication with them to make sure it is done properly. Also, the final line of your post says "the necessary things a prospect might need to. . . make the purchase decision". Therefore, you actually agree that it is up to the visitor, or prospect as you put it, to make the decision to buy.

6. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do Ranking Keywords Brings Clients? Does it results in high revenue to my client site.?

These more on conversion question, Google can generate lot of potential buyer to a shop, but how many will buy and how much they going to spend, it is very depend on the company products and services.

To answer your question, if there are 100 customers visit a shop, the shop owner can expected minimum 5-10 customer for conversion in sales.

7. brandy

brandy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ranking high on the search engines can bring clients. You will either get more traffic or not enough traffic. It doesn’t necessary imply that you will receive a mass amount of traffic or clients. I ranked high on three keywords on Google but I didn’t receive the kind of traffic I had anticipated. Remember that you might receive sufficient traffic but it depends how you are able to convert this traffic to buyers on your website.