Do Press release sites drives traffic to website?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Nimit.Suri, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Nimit.Suri

Nimit.Suri
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was a little edgy to promote a software related blog related to joomla.So i thought would rather gain some knowledge and insight on how to go about it . Is press release site an ideal choice to promote your content on software's? or is there any other alternative you can suggest to promote it?

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Do you ever read press releases? I don't and I don't know anybody who does. So I doubt your potential customers will be reading them either.

The best way to promote your product is to advertise in the places your potential customers frequent: blogs, magazines, business websites, posters, trade shows and so.

Or just be the expert on all the joomla forums you can find. Become a trusted member and invest on some banner adverts on those forums.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Decyjohn

Decyjohn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, Through PR you can get traffic twords your web site, If your content is informative then all people reds this visit to your site.

4. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

No you can't. Very few people read press releases and even less follow links.

1. You need to get people to the press release
    2. You need them to read the thing
    3. You need them to click on the links
    4. You need them to action your CTA on your site.

Assume a 1% conversion that means 10,000 people reading the press reelase to get one conversion. It's just not going to happen.

5. newbee

newbee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I agree with fisicx. Not everyone is aware and read Press releases. Rather you can go with advertising in different business forums and websites. Social sharing can also add a benefit to your product. But if you are really interested in using Press releases to promote your product and drive traffic, then make sure that your press releases gets read.

6. Jennifer Martin

Jennifer Martin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I completely agree with you, hardly any people reads the Press Release. You will need to promote your press release, bring it in-front of your target audience. After this only, you can expect traffic being generated from your Press Release.

But yes, Press Release do helps to increase the ranking of a website.

7. Lily Alvin

Lily Alvin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Press release is not all about getting visitors and promoting the blog, it is also helpful for getting backlinks which help rank higher on search engines. Social Media is another great way of promoting and advertising your blog and getting a great number of visitors provided that content is unique and informative.

8. w3web

w3web
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Press releases are the best sources now a days, but a social media press release does the great job, almost very person in the social media able to see it, if the content is influencing. Apart from that buying ad spots, ppc campaigns and social media posting diverts more traffic to your site. But do not rely on single social media sites instead post on multiple sites to get more benefits.

9. Reena Mehta

Reena Mehta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes definately. Everyday, more people get their news from Google News or Yahoo News and the like. When writing your press release, think about the keywords your target audience uses to make up that filter. Don't overuse those keyword phrases, but don't ignore them either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

It all depends on how you define conversion. In the OP's case someone to read a press release will have zero value. Even following a link won't add much value. It's interacting with the landing page that matters. But even this is too simplistic as the value chain is not linear. There are all sorts of complex formula to determine the likelihood of someone clicking on a link, eliminating the random clicker, the bot and so on. Time on page changes the chances of a click and so on.

Where did you get the 2.35% figure? I've found a single figure is not usually a good parameter to use. Adwords landing pages can get a very high conversion rate - one client averages 40%. A friend selling jetskis is happy with 0.2%. The OP isn't going to get anywhere near 2.35%. As an aside, in the UK the rule of thumb for an ecommerce site is about 4%, using adwords often pushes this up to 7%

11. Raj

Raj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I have one suggestion instead of press release publish a guest post on topic related high pr blogs
    You can get amazing results!!!

12. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

No you can't. Guest blog posting has gone the same way as articles, press releases and directories. They have all been spammed to death and as a result google no longer takes any notice of them.

13. harrythomas

harrythomas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The Press release site can help you to drive traffic to your website if and only if the site that are using well reputed and popular among the user. And most important don't go for any free press release it would be great if you opt for paid press release

14. Raj

Raj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am referring to New age Guest posting
    Exactly look for any high PR blogs; most of the guest post articles by people who like to grow business

Make a list of 3 top blog in industry
    Create any valuable article(each blog one) submit it to the website or approach any editors, authors to publish
    Just as signature link in post (all guest posts blog allow) or use name of your business ppl will find a way to reach you..

15. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

There is no such thing as a high PR blog. PR went belly up years ago.

Blog are inundated with requests for guest blog posts. Only a tiny few ever get published. There are far better ways to do things. For example, publish the article on your own website. Google will index and rank the post and you get all the goodness. I get all my blog posts ranking well often within a few hours of publication.

16. Raj

Raj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should google yourself before making such statement "no such thing as a high PR blog"
    Indexing on google is easy but getting ranked for ppl search term is impossible overnight, a lot of factors determines search algo.

I have seen alot of benefits from guest posting

17. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Toolbar PR was dropped by Google a few years back. That's why there is no such thing as a high PR blog. In any case, the PR score related to each page no the whole site.

18. w3web

w3web
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As Google stopped announcing PR's due to its own reasons, but the sites with "high PR " will not stop keeping efforts to boost their page rank. So they should be considered along with other top page rank tools when comparing your stand in the web.

19. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

But there is no way to determine the PageRank of a site/page. Ranking is not the same as the old dead PR or PageRank. There is no tool that will tell you the current PR/PageRank of anything.

20. Jennifer Martin

Jennifer Martin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for explaining it in brief. I mean the same by saying need to promote the Press Release and make it to reach your target audience. As their is no use of just creating the PR and submitting to the one website.