Do Not Use Bluehost

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by tunescool, Apr 26, 2015.

1. tunescool

tunescool
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I Was Misinformed Bluehost

Disregard, i was misinformed by a rookie tech guy

bluehost has an excellent cpanel and the best tech phone support ive ever dealt with in my life, theyre good

their php doesnt even support phpbb 3.1.3 even tho they have an installer for it, it doesnt even work

they only have php 5.2.17 for the shared hosting plan and support said id have to get the vps plan for 5.4 which is $30 a month

another site of mine i cant use, im sure theres a ton of stuff that wont work with it

#1 tunescool, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  2. singhabhishek251

singhabhishek251
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have use their service one in past but I am not sure what was the versions as it was for one of client and website was already there, so I am not sure about the versions. I will be careful now.

3. bmwillsmith

bmwillsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Blue host is one of the popular web hosting company, offers Linux, windows and WordPress hosting including site lock security feature. But in my experience i can say that the c Panel and control panels are not user friendly, even a programmer also have to find for the settings.

4. AJKpeter

AJKpeter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well, vps in fact is always customization, so if you need something special that is fair to get vps, not shared hosting

5. zeropid

zeropid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Indeed, shared plans are not designed to be customized by user, if you want to tweak your server or install extra software you should be able to get vps at least