Do follow and No follow sites

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by spyindiatom, May 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spyindiatom

spyindiatom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As i think the main different between do follow and no follow sites are we will get traffics from both site,but the Google doesn't crawl the no follow site and it happens in no follow site.. If any mistakes in my point of view will you please correct me....

2. peggyp

peggyp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No,

The main different between do-follow and no-follow is; Google did not pass link juice from no-follow links that result no positive impact in Google rankings search position.

Google can still crawl no-follow links :)

3. spyindiashiv

spyindiashiv
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think in the process both no follow and dofollow links matter do follow count as backlink to the site from search engine. It's important for site ranking to get quality backlinks.
    nofollow doesn't count as back link to the site from search engine but it can be helpful as an traffic generate source if it's come from high PR sites.

4. aaron70

aaron70
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do follow is that which Link is a hyperlink that provides search engines to pass along then it's page rank affects to an outbound link.No follow Link is exactly the opposite to do follow. It is a hyperlink and it removes the ability to pass on it's page rank affects to the other sites.

5. jeff123

jeff123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its always good to get 80% on do-follow links at the same time 20% on no-follow link to get better results....

6. jaysh4922

jaysh4922
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think in the seo process both no follow and do follow links matter
    do follow count as back link to the site from search engine. It's important for site ranking to get quality back links.
    no follow doesn't count as back link to the site from search engine but it can be helpful as an traffic generate source if it's come from high pr sites.

7. dalevarman

dalevarman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do follow site have done link juice but no follow site doesn't have done link juice. Do follow site crawler easily/ fast crawl and increase page rank in search engine but no follow site take a time to crawl and not helpful to increase traffic.

8. abhi_garg

abhi_garg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are right and that's why I use no follow blogs and other resources too.. they help me to create an awesome link profile..

• Like Like x 1
  9. racheljordon

racheljordon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

both sites no follow and do follow have a different effect on traffic and back link terms both site give traffic. most of the social media site give no follow link but they pass huge traffic to your site and it help to increase you site caching frequency.

10. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wrong. Nofollow link attribute is counted as backlink by Google. They crawl nofollow links and give value based on how authoritative the source where your site is linked to. They give value not just in terms of "link juice".

That is a big myth. Even if you have 100% nofollow links, if you are linked to good neighborhood, Google will still look to your site as a good one. It depends on how you pitch out information for your users.

Where did you get that kind of information? Google crawls every link. That's the truth. But being a nofollow or "dofollow" link is not a basis for them as to when they want to crawl a link or not. Of course, low quality nofollow link will take time to be crawled. It's in the quality. Not in the type of link.

For the OP, the difference is simple. Believe it or not, you can't find a link attribute that is rel="dofollow". That means in the real picture of links, dofollow doesn't really exists. The name is just a substitute for the absence of nofollow.

As long as the link sends "targeted" traffic to your site whether it is nofollow or not, it is valuable in the eyes of Google.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Katerina

Katerina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's 100% true. Just check all backlinks from your webmaster panel and you'll find out that the list contains nofollow links to your site.

12. Beth

Beth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As per my suggestion, a no follow link is defined to be as a value that can be assigned to the rel attribute of an HTML, element which is used to instruct some search engines that a hyperlink should not influence the link target's ranking in the search engine's index. On the other hand, a Do follow links provides better link juice for boosting the website up in the search engine ranking.

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Closing thread as it seems to have run its course.

Please send me a PM if you would like it reopened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.