Dissolved company owes customer money/product

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Pinkman2013, Dec 5, 2013.

  1. Pinkman2013

    uix_expand uix_collapse
    New Member

    Dec 5, 2013
    Likes Received:
    Hi everyone, Im new on here and just quickly registered to ask a question as I am quite concerned and would like some advice. I was previously the director of a Limited Company as a wholesaler of products, one of our customers placed an order for products for X amount and paid for these, we shipped 70% of the order to the customer immediately, however the remaining 30% had to be manufactured as was not in stock at the time. After a while our company faced difficulty and cash flow problems and were unable to pay for the goods to be manufactured. We have tried to pay for the goods but are simply unable to as we didn't have the funds. A while later the decision was made to have the company dissolved and this process was complete a few months ago. Since then we have still had the mentioned customer contacting us regarding the 30% of the order she has not received. Honestly I would like to help, but I cannot have the products made or paid for. What should I do? I am concerned about if there's any action she can take against me? I do not want to get into any sort of trouble, unfortunately our company failed, so its not down to any dodgy trading or anything. I am quite worried, hope someone can help and offer any advice? Thanks

Share This Page